Why Priceline Sucks

595 of 911 Priceline reviews

Priceline is quite clear about the fact that if you use the Name Your Own Price function to book a flight or hotel, then that's non-refundable.On the other hand, if you book a flight and then are offered an upsell car rental, it's not at all clear that booking is non-refundable.

Presumably somewhere in their massive terms and conditions, it's written in small letters. I've never heard of a non-refundable rental car reservation. The fact that they won't refund your money for that - and don't make it clear in advance that they're not going to refund your money - is unconscionable. There are a number of similar services on the market to Priceline.

While I've been a loyal Priceline customer for the last few years, this will be my last experience with them.And I'm going to take as many fellow Priceline customers with me as I can!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
595 of 911 Priceline reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 26 #1232467 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

I called price-line to cancel a reservation 5 days prior to my flight they told me it was nonrefundable 5 days notice come on get serious I have done this before with other companies and they were more than fair with that much notice I will never use price-line again

mellowde

Aug 20 #1201667 Wichita Falls, Texas, United States

I once booked vacation flights on Priceline for myself and 2 children. Only 2 seats were available on the flight. Their system went ahead and booked the 2 and charged my card. Of course I could not use them without leaving one child. Priceline would not refund. I finally gave up and just ate the loss which was considerable. I haven't use Priceline since. I have given most all their competition much business over the years since. Priceline lost a lot of business and I would never recommend them.

Jul 26 #1189975 Brentwood, Tennessee, United States

I have been a customer of Priceline for years now and have had a few bad experiences, but not so bad as this one. Southwest Airlines cancelled 600 flights due to a computer glitch. No fault of my own - and Priceline confirmed that yet still made me pay $200 for a rental vehicle that I couldn't get to. They suck big-time and I will never use them again.

Jan 22 #1099088

they need to stop hiring robots they provide horrible customer service and can’t think themselves out of a zip lock bag. Priceline provides zero benefit and the price guarantee is ***, should have just gone direct. I will never ever use their site again and will blast it on every social media I am a part of. If this was a refundable booking I would have cancelled it and given my money to monkeys to play with.

Jan 11 #1092369

AGREE! Despicable!

Nov 06, 2015 #1059753

Yeah, i selected a 2.5 to 3 star hotel on name your own price and got stuck with the freaking Quality Inn. I'm not a happy camper. Not sure what their idea of 2.5 to 3 star is but that line is pretty crappy. Of course they were unwilling to fix it.

Oct 17, 2015 #1049886

Agree Priceline will never refund for any reason. They rarely give you the best price, and customer service is a joke. Morons, probably underpaid, who read from a script. Avoid at all costs.

Blah

Feb 04, 2015 #941099 Berkeley, California, United States

I stayed in Long Beach for two days at a crack hotel (not mentioned on the site) for 107$ a day and got a receipt that said 193$ - I called for a refund of the difference and they refused. THEN TOLD ME TO WRITE A LETTER TO THEM! Are you kidding in 2015 I HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER? Priceline sucks.

rate

Jan 09, 2015 #928451

Horrible Ripoff. paid for a hotel, hotel was 1/2 the price at the front desk because it was a roach motel. 3 and a half stars... no way, never again.

ga John

Nov 04, 2014 #895282 Hinesville, Georgia, United States

I used Priceline negotiator to book a hotel in Hartford Ct.
Trip had to be canceled and Priceline refused to give me ANY credit...they kept 100% of my Money! I will DEFINITELY NEVER use them again.

2 0 Reply
Oneanddone

Aug 12, 2014 #855502 Dallas, Texas, United States

Misleading description of hotel led me to a mistake in booking a non-refundable room on line. Searched hotels in Quebec and got booked in Montreal. Realized within minutes my mistake and asked PL to void. Got the biggest run around between PL and hotel. PL is not user friendly. PL stands for PRETTY LOUSY! Beware, if you make an honest mistake, PL will make you pay! No exceptions. Never using them again.

Prez

Aug 11, 2014 #855161 Brooklyn, New York, United States

I totally agree. They are a scam and a half. They are not consumer friendly and the staff are rude and nasty. I vow I would rather pay extra then to ever use this Ponzi scheme site.

Oscar

Jul 12, 2014 #839836 Los Angeles, California, United States

Yep. Priceline sucks. The hotels usually *** and give u a smoking room or if they get a surge of reservations will not honor your Priceline reservation. Also, i did the add a night and was double billed by the Hotel and Priceline. I called them both and they basically ignored me. Priceline claimed it was my fault because, they claim that the email i got from them did not allo me to add a night which, was bs because i clicked n the button that appeared on their email with my reservation to "add a night". Anywho, i'm going through my bank to get my $ back...F priceline.

Jul 01, 2014 #834685

Used priceline with the Name Your Own Price function, checked later and i could have gotten the hotel for cheaper just booking from the hotel. So they charged me more money and also i put up w/ the random aspect of picking a hotel they "offered" at a so called significant savings! I'll never use them again.

Jun 30, 2014 #834008 Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

Same here. Tried to cancel within 5 minutes of making the reservation. "No I'm sorry no cancellations". No good faith, no personal business. Just a bunch of brainwashed idiots trained to say NO.

Ralph

May 31, 2014 #822372 Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States

After years of using Priceline with okay success, we have recently been booked into smoking rooms with no recourse other than to pay the hotel more for a non-smoking room. Priceline customer service proved unhelpful either because of their limited ability to speak and understand English or their general indifference. We will never use nor recommend Priceline again.

Apr 16, 2014 #805946

After checking into this Seattle hotel saturday nov 10 2012 which i booked through priceline.com. This is what i found in my room. the mattresses were leaned up against the wall covered in blood. there was blood everywhere and the rood smelled like death. Priceline refuses to refund my reservation,. so does the hotel. Rodeway inn,.... andrew chang the manager informed me that that room has been closed for weeks., and should not have been assigned to me . but no refund can be made available. Sound Fair to you? Please read the corresponing emails with priceline.com to see what kind on buisness this really is . Good luck if you book anything through them or stay at the Roeway inn seattle WA.
Dear priceline customer service rep,
There seems to be a a little information left out by Andrew Chang.
Yes, Andrew offered to let us leave, however he did offer to assist us
in finding alternate accommodation and after we spent 1 hour calling
alternate hotels in the area and being repeated told that due to a number of events in the area that all hotels were full, we had NO OPTION but to stay. Andrew was also quite clear that any and ALL refunds would have to be made via Priceline, as all fees (including pricelines commissions) were made via Priceline (not the hotel). While I understand we opted to stay in the hotel, I think you need to respect the fact that we were out of town with no options or alternatives for alternate accommodations. It does not help that we were
... Show more

jimmy aloha

Dec 12, 2013 #756812

priceline just kept transferring me ..three times to be exact and the third time after waiting more than 30 minutes on hold i hung up.... NEVER AGAIN :(

Jtrem

Dec 04, 2013 #752680 Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I am in a similar boat. They had a deal on a 3 star hotel in an area where the Hampton Inn, Best Western and Holiday Inn (newer properties) were all rated at 2.5 stars. I was expectnig a Hyatt when I bought the express deal, but the hotel was revealed to be a Clarion. Clarion! Older, and (although fine) not a nicer brand than 2.5 star Hampton. ON Tripadvisor, the Clarion shows up 8th out of 25 local hotels. The ninth place hotel was a MOTEL! The Holiday Inn, Best Western, and Hampton all show up higher and with better approval ratings. How does Priceline get off rating Clarion HIGHER? They hid the Clarion from their usual list view so I was not able to guess what hotel I was getting. I felt ripped off.

Their Customer Service is not interested in making anything right. They fed me standard lines. I called the hotel and they were quite willing to cancel if Priceline would agree. I called Priceline again, and this time nobody would speak to me at all. The telephony system kept me on hold and then dropped off.

I've referred people to Priceline before and will never do so again. The entire value of the hidden deals predicates on their being honest about the true ranking of the properties.

Clarion is not better than Hampton. The price proves it, common sense says so, and so does Tripadvisor's rating.

Bill Shatner...should've noticed before the word 'shat' in there....

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Priceline. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Priceline.
Filing a new complaint about
×