Warning Warning Warning, Priceline.com will turn away and leave you pissed
On February 9th 2016 at 2am, we arrived at orlando international airport. We had rented a car using priceline.com, and we went to to get it from Dollar Rent Company. While we were making the reservation, we were offered a collision damage insurance for $10 a day, and since we were renting the car for 11 days, the total was $110. However, Dollar company refused to honor the insurance, and the forced us to take their insurance which costs $50 dollars instead of $10. Since it was 2am, we had no choice we took it and left planning to call priceline customer service. We did call at 9am on the same day so about 7 hours later. During the call I explained to them what happened, and I was told that this should not have happened, and they will take care of it. I asked if I should return the car because the price was too expensive, and I was told to keep it with me, and 10 business days after we drop the car they will solve the issue. Note: I could have returned the car, and asked the rental company to charge me for one day, and then we can find another rental company online that charges reasonable prices. To any logical person solving the issue means that they will ask Dollar company to refund me, and honor their insurance. I waited for 2 months after dropping the car, and overtime I call, I have to explain the issue to them. None of their customer service people really know what is going on. They refunded me $110, but my issue is that $550 does not equal $110, and i kept telling them that I should be refunded $550 because I was promised that the issue would be solved, and I do not have to return the car. They will promise you so many things, but then turn their backs and leave you. Finally they asked me to call Dollar myself, and that this is not their issue. My only thing here is that I called and I explained to them the whole issue, and I was told to keep, so I did so. I did not act out of my head. Case# 60467899
Charge me $110, and refund $550 This their first message in the morning of the 9th of Feb Dear SALEH ALADDAD, We would like to confirm that we are taking action on your research request for rental car request 24041140348. As a reminder, since the requested drop-off of 2/18/2016 7:30:00 PM has not passed, Dollar Rent A Car will not be able to research your record. Once the requested drop-off date has passed we will contact you within 10 business days to confirm the resolution to your request. Sincerely, The priceline Customer Service Team
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Quality of Accommodation|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bait and switch
- Foreign call center
- Never deliver what promised
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "Tucson! After years of saving, and a career change on the part of my wife (she became an RN), we'd finally arrived! This was to be both the first..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Well, it appears that I'm just one more confused and dissatisfied customer when it comes to the above products... Not to mention the underhanded and unethical way Bella Fleur chooses..."
- "On 5/12 I took a large item to the UPS Store in North Arlington TX off Lamar St for a pack and ship return option on a warranty repair being..."
- "I'm normally an incredibly forgiving and nice person and I worked in retail and customer service so I know mistakes happen and I know none of you want a novel..."