I booked a car rental with Enterprise Rent-A-Car through Priceline on 28 Oct for the travel between 29 Oct 2016 and 5 Nov 2016. Priceline's confirmation number is 1228593729COUNT and the Itinerary number is 118-512-824-30.

At the time of making the reservation, Priceline offered a Collision damage coverage for the trip for the rental car for $11 per day and for the total trip it was $77. The collision coverage service was provided by Allianz Global, a partner company of Priceline. Though the details were ambiguous about the collision coverage, I went ahead and included it in the purchase, thinking that I can always drop it before the journey commences. The policy number of the travel insurance is PL11663826505.

Below is the information mentioned by Priceline in it's confirmation email. "For questions regarding Collision Damage Coverage for this trip please contact Allianz Global Assistance. You will receive a letter of confirmation and Certificate of Insurance/Policy via separate email from Allianz Global Assistance, our travel insurance partner." So, within minutes after making the reservation, I contacted Allianz Global to know more about the collision damage coverage information. After discussing about the coverage with customer care representative, Alex, of Allianz Global, I was not satisfied with the policy details and hence I cancelled the policy and requested refund for my $77.

Alex informed me that the cancellation of travel insurance was successful as I had done it before the date of travel and he asked me to expect the refund in the next statement cycle. He also mentioned that I will be receiving an email from Allianz Global about the cancellation of the travel insurance, which I did receive. Today after 10 days of my credit card statement cycle (22nd Nov) and more than a month later of the above mentioned journey, I contacted Allianz Global about my refund which I didn't receive. Gabby(888-769-6105), the customer care representative informed me that my travel insurance policy was successfully cancelled and I should have received the refund by now, which I didn't.

She further informed me that as the money was charged by Priceline on behalf of them and as they don't have any credit card information, I should receive refund from Priceline and asked me to contact their customer care(877-477-5807). Upon contacting Priceline's customer care, I received the shock of my life. They are arguing with me that I should have informed Priceline about the cancellation of travel insurance policy, which wasn't mentioned anywhere in the email nor anyone from the Allianz Global team guided me. They clearly mentioned in their confirmation email that I should contact their travel insurance partner for all the queries, but now they are telling me that I should have informed them.

This is clear case of mis-representation of facts and amounts to cheating the customer, forget about customer service alone. As a disappointed, disheartened and cheated consumer I request you to resolve my issue and get me my refund at the earliest.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss return, exchange or cancellation policy of travel insurance sold by them and associated monetary loss in the amount of $77. Priceline needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned travel insurance sold by them in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Priceline.

Comments