Priceline - To all costumers
I've been reading here all the complaints about priceline, and well.. my complaint is to all those costumers that didnt took 5 min to read "important information". Im a priceline costumer care representative. I've been reading this site for about 3 months now, just to know exactly what people concerns are, but today i received a call that gave me the courage to just go ahead and write this down:
I wasnt even finishing the "thank you for calling costumer care my name is Amy, may i have your full name and request # " when the costumer said in a really bad tone "are you able to handle your job or not?!" and i got confused ... he didnt even told me his name!!!! well i carried on .. since it is MY JOB.. i politely asked "oh sir, of course! by the way how are you sir?" , i just got a " can we skip this part im not interested n having any kind of conversation with you" . I just thought to myself " oh dear!! this guy obviously is having a BIG PROBLEM.. maybe his flight got delayed, maybe he got an accident or a loved one.." NOOOOOOOO!!! the issue was that he wanted to unlock his account!!! I'm not writing his full name here because thank god my parents raised me well and i received a proper EDUCATION. Then i told him "sir, can I place you on hold just for 2 min while I check on your info..." He was unnecessarily RUDE and told me that if I wasn't able to handle my job and if I kept him on hold for more that 2 min, he wanted to speak to my manager ( WE DONT HAVE MANAGERS) so I can get fired. Is this even fair?? Is it??? The call ended well, I helped him out, he was very rude I don't know why, I kept on being polite but inside I was very humiliated, I NEVER EVER could treat anyone not even him the way he treated me.
People: the 20% of the costumers are actually VERY NICE the other 80% ARE NOT , of that 80% the 90% don't read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION and just type their initials on their contract page so smoothly. So my advice to all the people that purchase via internet (not just n Priceline) would be to READ all the info , big letters, regular letters, RED letters, all!!!!! If you're taking the time of booking and purchasing, take your own time and read WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO PURCHASE. And if someday you need to call costumer care, please realize that we are people and our job is to HELP YOU ruled by the policies (the same you have to read and sign). Also remember that WE DONT MAKE THE POLICIES , we have to stick to em , it's our job, we have family to support, we have bills to pay, we actually understand you, but sometimes we're just not able to help you, and that's not because we dont want to , it's because we can't. Honestly our job would be more easier if we only say "yes" to people all the time, we wouldn't received threats nor swears, so if we say "Im so sorry, im not able to do anything for you because the policies said that your reservation is non changeable non cancellable" it's because we tried our best to give you the best resolution, but the POLICIES that u initialed or signed at the beginning say exactly that the product is non changeable or cancelable.
That's all. Thank you for time.