July 2010 : I lost $330.00 I had to write all my credit card information in order to get the information about the real cost of the hotel.I felt strange about it, so I pushed on the word "cancel" and it started processing the reservation and charged my credit card.

I called them, sent a registered letter and they played dumb saying " you gave us the credit card info etc..." they are crooks and we should organize a class action suit or go to small claims court on a national TV show like Judge Judy to expose them.

It is not a normal way of doing business.I will try a "charge back" with my credit card company.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments

If you used the listed options:

There is not a "cancel" button on the site when you selected your hotel and room type. The total charge, or estimated total charge is listed prior to entering in credit card information, and any additional information is pointed out in the Important Information section at the bottom of the page prior to purchase.

If you used NYOP:

This is from the terms and conditions on their site prior to entering in credit card info:

If priceline accepts your price, priceline will book your reservation in a property with an equal or higher star level than you requested. Please note it is possible that the hotel you are booked in could be a Resort, which will meet or exceed the minimum qualifications of the star level you initially requested. The hotel that is selected may or may not be one that you have seen during a hotel search on priceline. Any sorting or filtering options previously used will not apply to this Name Your Own Price request. Priceline will immediately charge your credit card the total cost of your stay. Rooms purchased through priceline cannot be cancelled, changed or transferred and refunds are not allowed. If your offer is not accepted, your credit card will not be charged.

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed...

The reservation holder must present a valid photo ID and credit card at check-in. The credit card is required for any additional hotel specific service fees or incidental charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel to the customer at checkout. These charges may be mandatory (e.g., resort fees) or optional (parking, phone calls or minibar charges) and are not included in your offer price.

(Prior to booking, but after you enter in credit card info):

If we accept your offer, we'll immediately charge the credit card you provide to us. Please note, you will not be provided with a list of hotel options. Please remember, once you click "Buy My Hotel Room" your request can not be changed, cancelled, or transferred and refunds are not allowed.