Update by user Jun 04, 2017

Filed a complaint at better business bureau. Priceline respected their promise and reimbursed 200%of the difference

Original review posted by user May 25, 2017

On may 24th, I booked an "express deal" for a hotel in London on priceline's web site. After my credit card was charged in full, I have seen the name of the hotel: Strand palace.

I have immediately searched on amoma.com the price for exactly the same hotel, room type, dates, number of guests and the price I found was 41 eur cheaper than the express deal I just booked. Priceline has a best rate guarantee stating "Book an Express Deal, we'll refund you 200% of the difference. GUARANTEED.". I took a screenshot of the amoma offer and contacted priceline.

They say they can not reimburse anything because what amoma offers one day later is more expensive than their price. As they know, prices and availability fluctuate on an hourly basis or even quicker and what was available on 24.05. might not be available on 25.05 so the fact that they can not find the same offer at a later time does not mean the offer was not there when I said it was. They basically said sorry we don't reimburse you anything.

I have now contacted amoma to ask for a declaration they had indeed the offer in the screen shot, but I do not have high hopes. Their ads are fake and their prices of express deals higher than what you find on "normal" sites.

I feel cheated and lied to. Never use them again.

Review about: Priceline Room Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

andama

Three words for you too: better business bureau. After l filled a complaint at bbb, priceline "reviewed" my case and respected their own terms and conditions: within 3 working days, l have received 200% of the difference. Happy with the result.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1332836

Three words for you: TERMS AND CONDITIONS, which are there for you to read BEFORE you participate.