1.7

I recently booked and attempted to stay at a 3 star express deal hotel. My guest count for my room was 2 adults 2 children.

My reservation was booked for a single bed. I called priceline they told me to contact the hotel directly. I contacted the hotel they said no problem we can accommodate you. I was booked at an extended stay.

Normally a decent hotel. I was never once told there would be an additional charge for the bed upgrade. I was not happy but I paid the room difference. I asked about the free breakfast.

I was told its only coffee and muffins. It's not actually breakfast. I called priceline to let them know my reservation was wrong, about the cleanliness of the hotel and the lack of breakfast as promised. The room and the property were disgusting.

There was trash at the entry way. Different objects holding various windows open, assuming for air circulation to try and help mask the underlying smell of musk, mold, curry, and just plain bowel. As you make your way into a back door entrance; you step into a seedy pay by the hour motel vibe. Its dark, dirty, and smelly.

There were smudges and stains everywhere. Not to mention flat out trash on the floor in the lobby. Upon checking into our room, there were food particles left all over the kitchen area, and surfaces throughout the room of our room. There was dirt and I pray not drug related substances left on the night stand, inside the drawer.

Without sounding any which kind of way; my family has light colored hair. It was ABSOLUTELY disgusting to find dark and curlys in the bathroom and on the bedding. The bathroom in specific was just gross. Leftovers around the commode.

I loved seeing how someone attempted poorly at making the toilet. I went to the front desk. A large unkempt man was sitting in the lobby. He was not an employee but offered his assistance because this was his family members property and he helps out with the guest.

He asked what was my problem, he the proceeds to ask is it the smell, do I have a leak in my room, is it maintenance related, no heat or a/c? I said no not really. He said then it must be your room is dirty? Did they not clean your room?

That happens all the time. He'll switch your room. At that point I was done with this property. And I refuse to stay at this hotel!

I was told by priceline that they could not do anything because I did not pay the $5 insurance to guarantee my room they could not do anything at all for me. Being a holiday, Thanksgiving day to be exact (right happy thanksgiving to us) In reference to a refund it would take at 5 to 7 business days before I would get a refund and if I wanted to stay anywhere else I would have to pay for it. All I was requesting was a new hotel. There was no other hotel they WOULD (not could) switch our reservation to.

I informed them this was no 3 star hotel and I was completely unhappy with my entire experience. The answer I received was sorry we will work harder on correcting those issues so the next guest will not experience your difficulty. Are you kidding me!! What a joke never again.

Thank you expedia for saving the day! No hassel and I got an even better rate, hotel and great room!

Stay clear of priceline! Their customer service is a joke.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $162. honey2badger is overall dissatisfied with Priceline. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Priceline.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Priceline to other companies on our site.

Comments