Featured

Late, lousy customer responses

Priceline - Late, lousy customer responses
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

Priceline Trip Number 403-***-***-**. I noticed my wife's middle Initials in the "given name" only, were not in the booking confirmation email for an overseas flight.

Since it's an international requirement that the name must match exactly the name on the passport, I contacted Priceline customer service representative. I was given an email address and directed to send all information including a copy of the first page of the passport, so that they would update the booking. This I did, but after 10 days of waiting and multiple calls to service representative, a week from departure, the name had still not been changed. Fearful that I would not be able to travel as by now it was but a week away, I wanted to rebook the flight but was told that it would have to be cancelled before being able to rebook it.

This I did and I was refunded the price of the booking LESS 200.00 penalty.

It is Priceline customer service inactivity that for 10 days and multiple phone calls were not able to address the change that caused me to cancel the booking. I feel it's unfair to be charged 200.00 and I want it back.o not book thru DDyD

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good choice of airlines
Cons:
  • Late to respond
  • Ineffective customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not book from them nor from Expedia, they own it

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Priceline customer service is horrible!

Priceline customer service is horrible!
After reserving a car with them. Their own website offered a cheaper price. I called to dispute it and after being transferred 4 times they said they would be unable to issue me a refund.

User's recommendation: Stay away fro Priceline

John M Lum

Priceline works with fraudulent companies

Priceline works with fraudulent companies
Priceline works with fraudulent companies - Image 2
I booked the triple package via Priceline. The flight and hotel were no problem. They booked my rental car through a company called Green Nothing. The company made me buy $100 for insurance since I did not have my own, and made me leave a $100 deposit. When I returned the car, only $30 of my deposit was returned. The company then started ducking me, sending my calls to voicemail. I reached out to Priceline and they pretty much told me they'll reach out to them and see what can be done. In 10 days.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheaper option sometimes
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

David W Lpr

Verified Reviewer

Express deals is false advertising

Priceline - Express deals is false advertising
Priceline - Express deals is false advertising - Image 2
Priceline - Express deals is false advertising - Image 3
Priceline - Express deals is false advertising - Image 4
Priceline - Express deals is false advertising - Image 5

On March 25 I booked a hotel in Bastrop. TX for $211, after taxes abd fees, for two queen beds using the express deal service.

Within the hour I discovered both the hotel and priceline were selling the exact same room for 142.30 after taxes and fees if purchased without using the express deal service.

The express deal service is advertised as a cost saving tool to get a random hotel room. I was under the impression I was getting a savings. Instead I paid nearly $70 more for using the express deal service. This is false advertising and fraud.

I made 3 calls to customer service.

Priceline refused to refund the difference since the room was made on express deals. They also refused to refund the difference since I was not a vip member at the time of booking and did not qualify for the price match service.

My remedy is the get priceline to honor the price they are advertising and refund the difference.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy to find hotels
Cons:
  • False advertising on express deals

User's recommendation: Don't use express deal service. False advertising

Vladimir C Wpo

Verified Reviewer

Regarding having to pay twice for checked baggage

Priceline - Regarding having to pay twice for checked baggage
Priceline - Regarding having to pay twice for checked baggage - Image 2

Once again Id just like to make it clear. I purchased my ticket through Priceline.

You sent me a receipt which I will attach.

Part of my fare was the purchase of one additional piece of luggage. I have my carry on and I have one small baggage that I always check.

When I arrived to check in the airline told me there was no payment or arrangement for my checked bag.

I showed them your receipt for payment but they also checked their accounting and told me that no payment was made. Therefore I had to pay again to check my bag.

Since you charged me for my checked bag I would expect to have a refund since the payment wasnt made to the airline.

I hope this explains clearly what the issue is.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Just a refund on the purchase of I checked bag which is in my receipt but not paid to airline.

User's recommendation: In this case it’s probably a software app glitch with is no one fault.

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Poor customer service

Priceline - Poor customer service

I will never book with priceline again the customer service is horrible I had to book two reservations they messed up both reservations. The second time I booked my reservations for a Hotel in the Bronx NY they booked me a hotel in WV West Virginia when I told the customer service representative the Bronx NY I understand one mistake but two mistakes then I call customer service and they tell me there will be an investigation with in 24 hrs when the hotel is booked for the next day.

Plus I'm out of town for a family member funeral dealing with this very unexceptable and unprofessional on priceline behalf I will never deal with this company again.

They gave me false information the first time now they book me a hotel in a state where I'm not at or going and I have to see if they will refund me on there behalf of messing up my reservation. My first booking was supposed to be from 5/6 - 5/10 but due to mis guided information it's from 5/6 - 5/9 then the second reservations I made was on the 5/7 so I could stay on the 5/9 and check out on the 5/10th in the Bronx NY and the customer service rep made the Reservation but put in the wrong state WV West Virginia I'm glad I checked my email 5/8 to see this mistake they made I'm so pissed.

I called priceline today 5/15/24 and they told me due to the investigation I won't be getting a refund I'll handle it another way

User's recommendation: Don't book threw priceline

Georgia A

Verified Reviewer

Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error

Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error
Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error - Image 2
Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error - Image 3
Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error - Image 4
Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error - Image 5
Priceline - Double charged for baggage and refusal to rectify error - Image 6

On November 8th 2023 I booked a trip through Priceline, not by choice, but because they popped up as offering the cheapest fares. My transaction, made with my Apple Card was declined, so I decided to use another credit card.

My original booking included one small, checked bag each way. For some reason I was having a hard time rebooking the checked bags, so I called Spirit Air the next morning to verify my booking. That was when I was informed by Spirit that Priceline had booked me for two checked bags on my outbound flight and zero bag on my return. Spirit refused to rectify the error stating that I booked my reservations through a third part, and therefore I have to make any changes through that third party.

I was given a number to call Priceline. Priceline's automated voice transferred me back to spirit without even letting me speak to a person. This back and forth went on until I gave up.

I ended up paying another $59 to check in my return baggage. After my trip was completed I tried to have my money refunded with no success.

I have spoken to three Priceline customer service employees, all of whom live outside the United States, and have been promised that my case will be looked into and escalated. To date I have not heard from anyone from Priceline and each time I call I have to start all over again.

It's a shame that a company can be so unscrupulous! This seems like a computer generated error to me because no thinking human being will book a person with two bags going on a trip and return with no bags.

However, they refuse to take responsibility for their error. Spirit charges $59 for one checked bag and $99 for two, so I am asking Priceline to refund me the extra $49 that was charged for the so-called second bag for my outbound trip.

I am adding pictures of documentation for my original itinerary showing that Priceline booked me for 2 bags going and 0 bag coming back, my airport check-in itinerary showing that I actually checked in one bag each way, the $59 transaction I made on my Apple Card for the return checked bag and Spirit's bag pricing list.

Thank you, I hope I have stated my case clearly.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Customer service personnel are polite and professional
Cons:
  • Unwilling to take responsibility for their mistakes
  • Make promises they do not intend to keep

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: NEVER, NEVER BOOK A TRIP THROUGH A THIRD PARTY LINE PRICELINE. ALWAYS BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE AIRLINE

Jamar Vek
map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Refund

Dont trust in Priceline. They sell you a room in a hotel that does not have any available and then they give you a number for which they do not respond. If you don't believe me, try it. I will share this on Google so that people can see for themselves..

User's recommendation: Don’t trust in Priceline. They sell you a room in a hotel that does not have any available and then they give you a number for which they do not respond. If you don't believe me, try it. I will share this on Google so that people can see for themselves..

Brendan S Lxf

Cancellation/bait and switch

Priceline - Cancellation/bait and switch

I thought I was booking a room directly through the Howard Johnson Anaheim. I was trying to book directly through them because I am a Wyndham reward member and I can cancel up to 24 hours before without getting charged.

Apparently what happened is that I was tricked on booking through a 3rd party and was charged instantly and told I cannot get a refund if I cancel. I am very angry and want to cancel immediately for a full refund.

Its hard to tell, but it was actually booked through Guest Reservations, Getaroom, or Hotel Values. Its not clear which one because Ive gotten confirmation emails from all of them.

I called Customer Care at 800.327.1200 and they told me to contact Priceline. Im extremely angry about this blatant bait and switch and I want to cancel for a full refund immediately.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Pros are when i am purposefully booking through priceline
Cons:
  • Cons are when i get tricked into booking through priceline

Mollie H Uah

Dissatisfied

Priceline - Dissatisfied
Priceline - Dissatisfied - Image 2
I booked two rooms for two nights. The hotel had no reservation and said they were bad to over book rooms that dont exist. I had to search for hours to find another place to stay. Called Priceline to get a refund and The lady said she would confirm with the hotel and call me back. No phone call no refund. Im fuming! I want my money back!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Show up and no room even though you have a confirmation

User's recommendation: Do not use! Scam

tamikamoye B

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

SCAMMER AND TAKE NI ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR RENTAL CAR MAINTENANCE ISSUES

Updated by user Nov 11, 2023

I was sent an email from the executive office at Priceline letting me know I have to stay stranded her at the truck stop until Tuesday of next week. While their partner continues to overdraft my account on this wonderful Veterans Day. All I can say is, "What a country...

Updated by user Nov 11, 2023

I'm still stranded at the truck on day 4 stop while Priceline allows their partner to pull from my checking account that is now $-35.19.

Original review Nov 09, 2023
Priceline partnered with a ghetto, shady, and unprofessional rental company. I made a reservation for the November 2nd, and I made my first complaint on November 4th.

I complained to Priceline that the car was dirty, the tire pressure was extremely off (which caused me to waste money on unnecessary gas), the car shakes and vibrates terribly when I come to a quick stop, the window rattles louder than the music when you turn the music up, the truck wouldn't open twice, so I called the rental car company to get the insurance information so I can have them take a look at the trunk, and they declined my request. I am now here stuck at a truck stop with no solution, no more funds left for a hotel or food, and no explanation or compensation regarding this nightmare of an experience. I have called price line and the rental car company to report these issues at least 20 times since November 4th, and as a Veteran I've been treated with nothing but disrespect, rudeness, and unprofessionalism. I've also admitted myself into the emergency room twice because of mental breakdowns caused by this experience.

The car has been towed and I have no idea what's going on. I rented the car from Florida and I'm here stranded at a truck stop in Colorado, without any of my possessions or an explanation.

I almost hit 3 people because the brakes are soooo bad. CryCry
Loss:
Cons:
  • Long wait times
  • Fake advertizing
  • Lied about insurance i paid for

User's recommendation: DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE

Guest

I understand about the car, but why are you without money?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2425221

I just buried my daughter(out of pocket) and this is my first trip since she passed, plus they have my debit card info. The company continues to take money out of my account, I guess until the issue is solved, but they were so horrible, and disrespectful to me, that I I don't even see them trying to resolve the issue.

All I did was report the issues on the car. I was a truck driver in the Army, and it's common since, that you have to drive the car first, in order to complain about any issues, and if I'm paying this amount of money, don't I have a right to tell them that I don't feel safe driving their rental?? Priceline says the rental car company, won't even respond back to them. I have the receipt where it shows they took almost $800, plus the other money drafted out afterwards.

I'm just trying to get away from depression and find some sort of inspiration, and the mountains is where God told me to come. After this, I'm never coming out again, (100% service connected PTSD).

Some gamble at casinos, but all I have to gamble with is my life, and it looks as if, I lose every single time, and all of my medication is in the car. #HappyVeteransDaytome

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2425236

Excuse the typos, but I'm mad

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2425221

*** her obituary is still in the front window of the rental.

View more comments (3)
Jean M Rdf

Verified Reviewer

Reservation didn't exist twice /no resolution/ paid full price

Priceline - Reservation didn't exist twice /no resolution/ paid full price

make it a point to inform corporate that outsourcing is affecting their businessto follow through with corporate no Second t..i called to resolve again only I booked twice through Priceline at different hotels,upon arrival hotel was unable to find reservation the first time I sat in my vehicle for over an hour with pneumonia,the Priceline/ booking agent directed me to pay hotels rate and call with itinerary details in morning to get compensated I called and spent over an hour on phone attempting resolution with a foreigner whom I had trouble communicating with I was told to fax the info and I was attempting to book another night and have agent help me do this over phone since the initial booking didn't exist ...I had been on phone so long my phone died .I emailed itinerary or hotel receipt and had to pay hotels rate again after a week and no contact I called to inquire of resolution; compensation as my debit card didn't reflect what I was told I was sick when this had taken place so i didnt catch the impossability of being compensated due to i paid directly to hotel so pruceline couldnt fixed ..so after speaking to multiable agents booking and priceline and denial of it being pricelines issue 2 hours on the phone and asking to speak to manager or superviser r and being denied i was hung up on.. I tryed again i was told they could offer 15 percent on my next booking ..

i asked if they could comprehend the serious ness in violating me as a customer and companies policies of business ethics and customer service i was hung up on.. with no resolution ..last nite i booked a room I've become a very violated pissed consumer ,I'm actually looking into a possible civil suit court action ...I experienced hotel unable to find reservation although i had confirmation on my email .after being shuffled between priceline and booking agents and again getting hung up on in between that shuffle a booking agent whom clearly did noy speak or comprehend the english language could not offer resolution put me on hold for 10 minutes came back on and said she called hotel to try to fix issue she lied i sat with management during that time i told her this and said resolve this by finding resrrvation or another comidations at the same rate as reservation ..she didnt understand and did cal at that point and said to pay hotel cause she just spoke to hotel and they agreed to fix.

They could offer me their rate ..I said no I'm not paying hotel rate at that point I couldn't even understand what she was saying she stayed on the line quiet refusing to speak and my request of supervisor I had to rebook another reservation and paid $10 more I got entry to my room at 1am after 4 hours of being on with no resolution or offer of accommodating an error on pricelines part ... I would like at this point to speak with I cannot even find a contact number and further more the issue prior to a reservation that couldn't be found I was attempting to use a promo code that was emailed to me but didn't get applied during my booking and this seems to be an issue cause no promotion I ever attempted went through and my boyfriend had similar experience so I'm requesting corporate contact to speak of their mistake in outsourcing to places where the ppl can't think outside of the limited training to problem solve or resolution

Tiffany M Vpq

Book with ANY other company

Priceline - Book with ANY other company

I have had multiple bad experiences with Priceline. In 2021 they cancelled my booking but would not cancel my flight.

So after a million phone calls and 3 months later they finally cancelled the flight and sent me a check. Fast forward to February 2024 I decided to give them a second chance. So that was stupid. I saw a great price on the website and tried to book it.

It said my card was declined, tried several different cards. So I called and they said the dates were not available so they found a different hotel, for $80 more than what I saw online because they refused to use my genius discount but still a good price, and booked it with me over the phone. I never received a confirmation email and my bank wasnt charged. So I called back to confirm that I had the reservation.

They said I did but the email they had entered was wrong so they sent it to my actual email address. ALL of the information was wrong. Phone number, email address, address, and card info. And the confirmation email looked fake, nothing like confirmation emails I have seen before.

They said it was actually booked through booking, but the confirmation email said Priceline. Called booking just for them to say they cant find it. Back to Priceline, told them all of the info was wrong and they said oh so thats why you werent charged! Well we need to escalate this to someone higher to listen to the phone calls and make sure it was our mistake WHAT!?

I booked over the phone, so how would it be my mistake? I just gave the lady all the wrong info? Be so for real! Anyway they said it could take 2-3 days.

Meanwhile hotels are selling out and prices are going up! They were really going to let me drive 10.5 hours with 4 kids just to not have a reservation when I get there! No one is helpful, 4 hours on the phone, transferred back and forth 100 times for nothing!!

NEVER AGAIN!! Just dont book with them!

Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • Literally everything

Preferred solution: Better management and customer service for people who don’t see all the negative reviews online and make the mistake of booking with Priceline!

User's recommendation: Don’t do it!!

Muhammad A Byn

Verified Reviewer

Seeking feedback on my complain that I am not sure if it reached you

Priceline - Seeking feedback on my complain that I am not sure if it reached you - Image 2

Dear Priceline Customer Service Manager

On 4 of December I purchase 3 days all-inclusive in Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort in UAE with total price $1389.69, from 10 of December to 13 of December 2023(IT WAS CLEARLY STATED IN YOUR WEBSITE the room is all inclusive). The other thing that support its all inclusive, is that prices for bed and breakfast was and still less than $1000.

I call and I chat for hours with different individuals (with your customer care team) explaining overtime the case and sometime after a long discussion he asked me to contact Priceline through direct phone call to help me in the issue.

Finally, they told me the will escalate the case and will get back to me in 5 working day (means after vacation and celebration of my 20-anniversary finished with unpleasant feeing and time consuming and forestation). They also admit their mistake and they leave me with no reenable solution.

Please I am seeking solution as soon as you can as well as to inform you with all details (have all pictures and prove of what happened and the prices of others providers in different dates.)

Regards

Muhammad Almuzaini

Email: m_almuzaini@***.com

My trip #: 443********

Loss:
Pros:
  • Fair top management
Cons:
  • Hard to reach customer service and if you reach them no decision

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Not to trust priceline offers on their website because their agent could uplaod the information wrong and they are not responsible for their website

Travel Expert Talks

Vacation Rentals: Refund, Cancellation and Safety Tips

Nov 6, 2020

How to refund or cancel a vacation rental? How to avoid a scam? We’ve asked Mary Branum, a vacation rental expert, and experienced homeowner, to answer top consumers questions about vacation rentals.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Joyce F Jkm

Verified Reviewer

Person on the phone claimed she was the reservation person for Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Updated by user May 12, 2024

I will make sure I am contact the front desk at the hotel and will not use any online companies. Unless Priceline gives me a refund. Tells me that in the future their employees will not lie about who they are with.

Original review May 11, 2024
I continued to question the woman on the phone about whom she represented, and if she was the person at the hotel making my reservation, or was she with a company like Expedia or Travelzoo. She said, no, she was the person making our reservation for the hotel.

The price kept changing. My husband came in while I was on the phone with her. He called the hotel directly. He found out that the reservation she made for us was from Priceline.com.

She lied and falsely told me she was with the hotel. I told her to cancel my reservation. It came in an email that it was non-refundable!

That quickly, she tells me it is non-refundable. I will not allow this charge to go through.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Made me think they were the front desk at the hotel
  • Price kept changing every minute
  • Lie about who they are with

User's recommendation: Do not book through Priceline

Kaiyan L

房间地板发现有玻璃碎

Priceline - 房间地板发现有玻璃碎
Priceline - 房间地板发现有玻璃碎 - Image 2
Priceline - 房间地板发现有玻璃碎 - Image 3
今天晚上8点半左右我们回到房间,我第一个去的洗手间赫然发现过道上很明显有一个三角形的尖锐玻璃碎,我想我昨天就看到了这块碎玻璃,只不过当时在墙角边我没有过多留意,但是现在竟然就在往洗手间的路中间这非常危险,我是带着两个孩子一起入住的

Nicholas H Ibg

Verified Reviewer

Bought a vacation package and was given the wrong package but not refunded

I purchased a vacation package to Cabo through Priceline. What they sold me ended up being flights to Cabo and resort accommodations made in Cancun. I was told the resort in Cabo would honor the reservations Priceline made at the Cancun resort. They did not. My family and I arrived in Cabo with no resort accommodations! I contacted Priceline, and they told me they could not accommodate me, nor would they give me a refund! I spent an extra $3800! WARNING: DO NOT USE PRICELINE! THEY WILL SELL YOU WHAT YOU DIDN'T PURCHASE AND TELL YOU THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Ease of use
Cons:
  • Shady business practices
  • Evasive issue resolution
  • Terrible refund policy

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE PRICELINE

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article