I booked a flight on Priceline.com and when I received the confirmation email, there was an option to book a rental car at my destination.When i reached the destination and found the Budget rental agency, I was told that my reservation had been cancelled and they would not honour the price.

They did have cars but instead of $197 for the rental, I would have to pay $ 397!! I called Priceline.com Customer service and the agent advised that the reservation had not been cancelled and because I did not buy insurance from them, I wasn't charged anything and he couldn't help me. He suggested that I cancel my reservation and make a new one??!! What??

I asked to speak to a supervisor and all he did was say sorry but there was nothing they could do for me. Luckily the Budget agent and his supervisor heard me on the phone trying to sort things out and they said they would honour the rate Priceline.com had given me.

Thank you Budget Car rental @ YVR !!I would not recommend renting a car from Priceline.com.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Unhelpful customer service.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments

Priceline lacks customer service and fineprint misleads customers Priceline "I booked a nice hotel in New York for 3 people, 1 room for quoted $80. Nice. Offer pops up stating that you can have it even cheaper with a..." Read more "fraud review" email/call harassment from priceline when credit card name matches plane ticket holder name, Priceline cancelled ticket no refund Priceline "TL;DR don't use priceline, there many other legitimate online booking site that works smoothly and ethically. While there is a high chance things will work out on priceline, if you..." Read more Priceline - Beware of sneaky currency switch! Priceline "I live in Canada and therefore search for my flights in C$. The site then makes C$ the default. It remembers my previous searches. I wanted to book a multi..." Read more Priceline National Car Rental Car Rental Review from Olive Branch, Mississippi Priceline "I purchased a car rental and the insurance through Priceline. I have older vehicles and do not carry full coverage hence the reason that I bought the insurance through Priceline...." Read more Ray Padula - Terrible Product and  Customer Support Ray Padula "I have bought the sprinkler system a couple of years ago but used for the first time late last year. Now the nozzles are pointing downward and do not come..." Read more Brent Guild / iGalen Victoria was the victim of a scam, now being harrassed Igalen Victoria "I am Brent Guild, and as you can see I am not afraid to show my name as was this poster. victimofbrentguild is actually the company iCloudUK.com that runs under..." Read more Guardsman - Do not purchase protection plan Guardsman "Two years ago I purchased Guardsman 5 year Protection Plan through Ashley Furniture for my furniture. Just recently my 3 year old son scribbled with a ink pen on the..." Read more Pissed of jollibee ruin my surprise for my daughtrs birthday Jollibee "I ordered throuh online jolibee padala and pay via credit card it was confirmed by paypal that the payment has been recieved. I call my daughter that wait for the..." Read more