Priceline lacks customer service and fineprint misleads customers

I booked a nice hotel in New York for 3 people, 1 room for quoted $80. Nice. Offer pops up stating that you can have it even cheaper with a online bid. I increase my bid to $75, of course expexcting a great deal and once I get confirmation, contact the hotel as per the conditions, to tell them that we are 3 adults, and the FINE print guarentees only 2 adults.

The package we end up with lots of phone calls later, is a further surcharge from the hotel for $30 per night more, bringing the total in at more than 10% more than if we booked at the hotel directly.

The service representative from Priceline, once I finally get through to speak to them, repeatedly quotes the conditions, are not interested in listening and has no interest in even trying to rectify the situation, forget about best price guarentees. He treats me, the customer as if I am a total *** and cannot read! Well, the hotel certainly does not look 2.5 star, the area is worst than the initial hotel I would have booked, and I (the customer? ) is wiser to NEVER book through again, plus $60 short changed.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 16, 2013 #594291 Walnut Creek, California

Tell me where else you going to get a hotel that you in that area

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.