I'm from Vancouver Canada, my issue is with Priceline.com. I was looking on their site for a good deal on flights from Seattle, WA to Accra, Ghana. My dates are open so I chose May.12/15 to May/15. Right away a price comes back that I like very much, $1157.40 (I search many travels sites trying to find the best deal). After looking at the page carefully I find out that the prices are in US funds(I'm on an American site of course) so I decided to switch it to Canadian funds, (they have an option at the top right hand side of the page). After clicking on it, it starts searching (I'm thinking it is figuring out the current currency exchange rate on the Canadian dollar at the time) and after some time, it comes back with totally different results except in Canadian funds but they were for the same dates and same airports, the cheapest price that came back was for $1538.00. The flights that were for $1157.00 US was for Emirates Airlines and the flights for $1538.00 cdn (at the time, I used an online currency converter, $1538.00 cdn works out to $1304.77 US and not $1157.40)was with Delta Airlines or KLM, they totally took out the option for Emirates Airlines (which is clearly the cheapest flight even after you do the currency exchange) and gave me the higher price choice options just by changing from one currency to another. To me it seems like the company is trying to take advantage of our Canadian currency, correct me if I'm wrong.
As you can see in these photos, these were taken just after clicking on the currency changer at the top, I didn't change anything. So what I see is, they are penalizing you for changing currencies, you want to change currencies, you pay more and use another airline.
There is another review on the here who had the same problem, they were from Vancouver Canada as well and like their post, I used the online live chat and spoke to "someone". She said she "understood my concern" and she said "she would look into it", when she came back with a respond it was like "I'm sorry sir, you have to understand at the time of searching, there is no guarantee on prices because of the exchange rate and she said she could not go any further with explanation because of the time, I had to "call" back at a better time to speak to customer service. Like most businesses, they won't do anything, they will just say the norm ( I'm not going to repeat their words because it makes me angry)and nothing will be done anyway, supply and demand helps them, it is like talking to a wall. That's Capitalism!
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE PRICELINE, YEAH RIGHT!! NOT!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Their pricing policies
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is one of the best vacations we've ever been on. I highly recommend it. We did it through Bookvip and they took care of it. It was very simple...."
- "I purchased a car rental and the insurance through Priceline. I have older vehicles and do not carry full coverage hence the reason that I bought the insurance through Priceline...."
- " I just returned from the Costa Rica Coast to Coast to Coast with EF Tours. This tour was overall a terrible experience. The horrible accommodations..."
- "If you plan on buying any of these products, or other ones from the same company (as they look like different companies, but aren't), I would strongly advice to read..."
- "Dishonest advertising.See picture below. Nowhere on the site has the sling back boots as $47. Or 90% off...."
- "Bloomex royally screwed up on Mother's Day. Not providing what I ordered for my Grandma, delivered to the wrong address and not delivering to my Stepmother at all. We (my..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "for 3 days, each day package tracking says "on vehicle for delivery today" but ended up no delivery. This is the third day now again showing the same message we'll..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."