I'm from Vancouver Canada, my issue is with Priceline.com. I was looking on their site for a good deal on flights from Seattle, WA to Accra, Ghana. My dates are open so I chose May.12/15 to May/15. Right away a price comes back that I like very much, $1157.40 (I search many travels sites trying to find the best deal). After looking at the page carefully I find out that the prices are in US funds(I'm on an American site of course) so I decided to switch it to Canadian funds, (they have an option at the top right hand side of the page). After clicking on it, it starts searching (I'm thinking it is figuring out the current currency exchange rate on the Canadian dollar at the time) and after some time, it comes back with totally different results except in Canadian funds but they were for the same dates and same airports, the cheapest price that came back was for $1538.00. The flights that were for $1157.00 US was for Emirates Airlines and the flights for $1538.00 cdn (at the time, I used an online currency converter, $1538.00 cdn works out to $1304.77 US and not $1157.40)was with Delta Airlines or KLM, they totally took out the option for Emirates Airlines (which is clearly the cheapest flight even after you do the currency exchange) and gave me the higher price choice options just by changing from one currency to another. To me it seems like the company is trying to take advantage of our Canadian currency, correct me if I'm wrong.
As you can see in these photos, these were taken just after clicking on the currency changer at the top, I didn't change anything. So what I see is, they are penalizing you for changing currencies, you want to change currencies, you pay more and use another airline.
There is another review on the here who had the same problem, they were from Vancouver Canada as well and like their post, I used the online live chat and spoke to "someone". She said she "understood my concern" and she said "she would look into it", when she came back with a respond it was like "I'm sorry sir, you have to understand at the time of searching, there is no guarantee on prices because of the exchange rate and she said she could not go any further with explanation because of the time, I had to "call" back at a better time to speak to customer service. Like most businesses, they won't do anything, they will just say the norm ( I'm not going to repeat their words because it makes me angry)and nothing will be done anyway, supply and demand helps them, it is like talking to a wall. That's Capitalism!
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE PRICELINE, YEAH RIGHT!! NOT!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Their pricing policies
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "DO NOT BUY THROUGH ONETRAVEL IF YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TICKET. YOU'LL ENDUP PAYING DOUBLE IN THEIR HIDDEN FEES (BESIDES THE $200 PENALTY FEES). OneTravel are so..."
- "I am a stay at home Mom with no income (still mind-boggling that they were able to get approval for me without any income). I got involved with this..."
- "Photos are deceiving. Kitchen disgustingly dirty. Look at the photos. Dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter. Dirty counters and fridge. Food splatter in..."
- "Are employees trained to use social media as a vehicle for embarrassing customers? This appears to be recurring behavior from the responses and can only serve to hurt the brand...."
- "Terrible, i've never gone through such a horrible experience with any purchase online or retail ever. Ordering was fine, delivery was on time. Bought the elliptical 3.0. When we opened..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."