I recently tried priceline.com to rent a car -- without success. No big deal. Subsequently I changed my mind and decided not to travel that week at all.
Now, every couple of days, I get *spam* from priceline, asking "Still need a rental car in San Jose?" The dates for the trip have passed! Yet, priceline continues to spam me, asking "Still need a rental car in San Jose?"
- I looked at the bottom of those email messages for an unsubscribe link -- but there's none.
- I logged on to my account to change my email preferences -- but there's no way to do so.
- I wrote priceline "customer service," asking how to stop the email request, and they replied:
"We are unable to stop this emails manually. These are sent automatically by our system. If you would not like to resubmit, just ignore them."
"Your reply is both UNTRUE and INSULTING. The system is *programmed* by humans! It can be *programmed* to stop bombarding me with spam. It can be *programmed* to include an unsubscribe link. It can be *programmed* to do *anything! These messages are SPAM. if you refuse to stop them, you've lost a customer forever."
- The messages continued, so I wrote customer service again, asking for my account to be deleted. They replied:
"Your profile has been removed upon your request."
But guess what? The SPAM CONTINUES!! The dates of the trip have passed, and I no longer have any plans to travel to San Jose, yet priceline continues to nag me with "Still need a rental car in San Jose?" -- AND THERE'S NO WAY TO STOP THEM. NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. They maintain that if I don't want the email messages, I should just "ignore" them.
These people are worse than ***. AVOID PRICELINE AT ALL COST.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "It seems harder and harder to trust what you read since companies like Priceline can delibrately mislead customers without consequence. I booked a room after referring to pricelines 1 star..."
- "To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."