a BIG disappointment!!

I booked a hotel through and the day of our trip I pulled up the details and saw a link to click for hotel details.I clicked it so I could see the pictures of the rooms again and noticed that the price per night was now $27 cheaper than what I had booked it for.

I called customer service and after a 10 minute wait on hold I was told that even though I saw the cheaper price I was not eligible since he could not see that price on his end. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he didnt have one. I asked him if he had a boss and he told me yes so I asked him to speak to that person and he very sarcastically responded that that's not what I had asked for since the title of his boss wasn't "supervisor" but rather a "customer relations representative". So not only was he arguing with me he resorted to being snarky!

I then very loudly had to ask to speak to someone other than him since he kept interrupting me after that. The customer relations rep was no better. He not only didn't offer any sort of compromise due to priceline's blatant misinformation he then insulted me when I told him of the bad reviews coming their way. He told me that he was sorry I felt I had to stoop to that level, basically implying that I was a toddler having a tantrum.

If I could've given 0 stars I would have!!I will never use Priceline again and I hope for other consumers' sakes that they use someone else as well!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Do not acknowledge site error
    • Terrible customer service

Hotel Reservation
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #636491 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Priceline? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 11, 2015 #1032632

So I'm going guess that when you booked the hotel you thought you were getting a really great deal, right? You obviously searched the net and saw that Priceline was your best option and booked. You were satisfied with the rate, and you probably patted yourself on the back. Now for whatever reason, the economy went south, the price of gas went up, etc.. no one else booked rooms at this hotel. So now this hotel has all these extra rooms, and they have a sale. Not only that, but you wait until the last darn minute to check your details? Now somehow it's Priceline's fault that the hotel dropped it's prices, you waited too long to cancel (if available), and you want them to honor the lower rate? Yeah, you're right you are a toddler having a tantrum.

1 1 Reply

Sep 11, 2015 #1032669

Wow! You really put me in my place! Obviously you spent more time trying to be witty than actually reading the review. I didn't have a problem with the original price. I had a problem with how they handled the situation when I called to question them about it. Customer service is the easiest job in the world. They failed, I voiced an opinion. Looks like you had such a strong aversion to my review that you felt you needed to chime in.
Isn't America great?? We have opinions and we don't have to keep them to ourselves!

0 0 Reply

Jul 31, 2015 #1014286 Houston, Texas

We booked a flight through them last year and when we got our credit card bill they had tracked on like another hundred dollars for themselves. Called it fees for using their site. We wouldn't have gotten so upset if they hadn't been so sneaky and underhanded.

1 0 Reply

May 18, 2015 #985903

I had rip-off on a weird cancellation policy (they gave only 24hrs to cancel). No hotel has such a policy. The stole my money and would not negotiate.
Scam company.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.