Tamarindo, Guanacaste
2.2

I purchased collision insurance for a car from economy rentacar in Costa Rica.The insurance was rejected by the vendor, because it doesn't have third party liability.

Which in Costa Rica is law. I was required to buy the insurance from the company if I wanted to rent a car. When I called Priceline to cancel the insurance I was told it was pasted pickup time and couldn't cancel the insurance. Of course it was past pick up time.

I was on time to pickup the car. After 15 minutes of arguing with economy about the insurance Priceline sold me. Showing the statement from price lines own website stating that the insurance was valid everwhere in the world and finally calling Priceline to cancel, it was pasted pickup time. Then I was told I couldn't get an reimbursement, because I needed to give 24 hours notice, but I had made the purchase of the insurance 4 hours before I was supposed to pick up the car.

That is crazy. So, I then send fine. Cancel my insurance starting the next day. Giving 24 hour notice.

I was told NO. I had to pay for the entire initial rental. 14 days. Coming to 143$.

But it would be put in review, but only after my initial rental ended (after my trip was over) and I would get a decision 10 to 14 days after that. I rented this car because I was told by Priceline in writing that it's insurance is legal and accepted all over the world and the price, as listed on Priceline, I researched it many times. Would make it affordable enough to take my daughter on our fantasy trip. I could afford what Priceline was selling.

Priceline even has a garuntee, but you can't garuntee something that's illegal. Priceline has ruined my trip to Costa Rica. Now instead of paying 19 dollars a week plus 11 dollars a day. I am being charged 62 dollars a day.

So I can only afford a car for four days. Leaving me carless for 10 days in a foreign country with a poor public transit system and paying 252 dollars, twice as much as I budgeted for only 4 days with a car. Plus I am short an additional 143 dollars, because Priceline won't give me my money back when I really need it. This was suppose to be a dream trip with my daughter exploring Costa Rica.

Now I am stuck in one town with a day trip by taxi which cost up to 120 dollars, depending on how far we go, round trip and/or VERY MUCH WORSE HITCHHIKING WITH MY 16 yr old DAUGHTER. Which I have told her a million times not to do and how dangerous it is. So she is terrified every time we have to do it, but we are so short on money. I had airbnb's set up across cost rica for twenty a night.

But I can't get to them. I purchased collision insurance for a car from economy rentacar in Costa Rica. The insurance was rejected by the vendor, because it doesn't have third party liability. Which in Costa Rica is law.

I was required to buy the insurance from the company if I wanted to rent a car. When I called Priceline to cancel the insurance I was told it was pasted pickup time and couldn't cancel the insurance. Of course it was past pick up time. I was on time to pickup the car.

After 15 minutes of arguing with economy about the insurance Priceline sold me. Showing the statement from price lines own website stating that the insurance was valid everwhere in the world and finally calling Priceline to cancel, it was pasted pickup time. Then I was told I couldn't get an reimbursement, because I needed to give 24 hours notice, but I had made the purchase of the insurance 4 hours before I was supposed to pick up the car. That is crazy.

So, I then send fine. Cancel my insurance starting the next day. Giving 24 hour notice. I was told NO.

I had to pay for the entire initial rental. 14 days. Coming to 143$. But it would be put in review, but only after my initial rental ended (after my trip was over) and I would get a decision 10 to 14 days after that.

I rented this car because I was told by Priceline in writing that it's insurance is legal and accepted all over the world and the price, as listed on Priceline, I researched it many times. Would make it affordable enough to take my daughter on our fantasy trip. I could afford what Priceline was selling. Priceline even has a garuntee, but you can't garuntee something that's illegal.

Priceline has ruined my trip to Costa Rica. Now instead of paying 19 dollars a week plus 11 dollars a day. I am being charged 62 dollars a day. So I can only afford a car for four days.

Leaving me carless for 10 days in a foreign country with a poor public transit system and paying 252 dollars, twice as much as I budgeted for only 4 days with a car. Plus I am short an additional 143 dollars, because Priceline won't give me my money back when I really need it. This was suppose to be a dream trip with my daughter exploring Costa Rica. Now I am stuck in one town with a day trip by taxi which cost up to 120 dollars depending on how far we go round trip and/or VERY MUCH WORSE HITCHHIKING WITH MY 16 yr old DAUGHTER.

Which I have told her a million times not to do and how dangerous it is. So she is terrified every time we have to do it, but we are so short on money. I had airbnb's set up across cost rica for twenty a night. But I can't get to them.

So I found a place and ended up leasing it for a 1000 for two weeks a place and ended up leasing it for a 1000 for two weeks. This has been a huge disappoint on so many levels. Thank goodness I have such a trooper for daughter. I should just sue, because the worker told me that many customers from Priceline have had the same problem.

So there must be thousands out there and it must also mean that Priceline knows of the problem, but I also believe that the major car rental companies are withholding vital information With the intention to defraud. All I want is a reimbursement of my money AND some compensation for ruining my trip AND in the future inlighten there customers on this problem. Hopefully filing this grievance will force price lines hand. I just hope you understand how much you failed me.

I do not have a lot of money. I will never be able to take my daughter on another trip like this. Maybe when she is thirty.

Please make this right.Thank you.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of priceline collision damage coverage. Priceline needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned priceline collision damage coverage in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Priceline.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments