Additional Fees

Update by user Jul 13

FOLLOW-UP: Just received a phone call from Priceline and they agreed to refund the Cancellation Fee they charged me.Neither of us can figure out what went wrong with this transaction but they technical team is looking for a glitch that may have caused this.

To their credit, they responded to this social media posting and the representative I spoke with was quite gracious.Hats off to Priceline for doing the right thing and following up on this.

Original review posted by user Jul 04

Priceline incorrectly combined my first name with my girlfriend's last name when I made car reservation.To be clear, THIS WAS PRICELINE'S MISTAKE.

I could not alter the reservation online once reservation was completed nor could I reach a customer service agent to report their mistake (I tried calling). When I arrived at the airport to pick up the car I reserved, Alamo counter agent told me they could not honor the reservation because my name was listed incorrectly. She also said that Priceline would also not compensate Alamo for this rental for the same reason. Again, this was ALL PRICELINE'S MISTAKE.

I called Priceline while I was at the counter and after a long argument, the customer service agent 'offered' to refund my reservation amount less a 'convenience fee' of $39.00. I repeatedly argued that the mistake was made by them and that I had no interest in paying this fee. Truly, this is skimming off the top after they made a mistake. Since I have an account with Priceline, my reservation pre-populates all forms with my personal information - including my name - and I merely checkout.

How it combined my name with my girlfriend's last anem with my first name is something Priceline needs to address in tehir software. Priceline insisted I 'mistyped' my name when I reserved the car but why would I suddenly change my last name after using the same one for 58 years? There is no way my amnesia runs so deep that I input my name incorrectly when I made my reservation. After 35 minutes of arguing with Priceline, we terminated the call with them threatening to not refund me any of my money.

They dinged me the $39.00 as you can see below. Dear Mark Kamatoy, We have cancelled your rental car reservation and will issue a refund to your credit card in the amount of 146.01 USD. This amount represents the original cost of your rental of 185.01 USD minus a cancellation fee of 39.00 USD. Your refund will be processed by our system within 1 business day.

Your bank will then post it to your account. Bank processing time varies; however, if the refund has not posted to your account within a few days, we would suggest contacting your bank for further assistance. If you need further clarification regarding your reservation, we ask that you please respond to this email.

Sincerely, The Priceline Customer Service Team (39106140305) Complained to my state attorney general but do yourself a favor - avoid this company and book directly.Alamo to its credit rented me a car for much less than Priceline gouged me for and the agent was far more gracioous

Review about: Alamo Car Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Sucked - charge me fees for their mistake.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments

FOLLOW-UP: Just received a phone call from Priceline and they agreed to refund the Cancellation Fee they charged me. Neither of us can figure out what went wrong with this transaction but they technical team is looking for a glitch that may have caused this.

To their credit, they responded to this social media posting and the representative I spoke with was quite gracious. Hats off to Priceline for doing the right thing and following up on this.