PRICELINE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS

Previously when I've traveled I've used Priceline and didn't have any issues and that's because things have always managed to work out. The one time that I needed to cancel, due to illness, they can't do anything to help. I was trying to travel back home to CA from AZ for mine and my mother's birthday and made a car rental reservation so that I could drive back, but after getting sick the 9hr+ drive wasn't going to happen. Last minute, I made other reservations and was going to fly into L.A. and then just drive 4 hours, but I actually got worse and even a 4 hour drive didn't feel safe. I went to Priceline to cancel both of the car reservations and they basically said that there was nothing they could do. I had purchased insurance for both cars, cause it states online that if you have it you can get a full refund as long as you cancel before the scheduled pick up time, what the site doesn't tell you is that it only applies to the insurance. If I would've known that I never would have purchased the insurance! I got the insurance money back, but the only loophole to get my rental money back was if I saw a physician by 11am (3hr time stamp). I explained that I was not anywhere near my normal physician(different state) and that even if I did find a complete stranger to examine me, there was no way that I would able to get an appt. and be examined by 11am. Priceline said that they understood and would love to help, but baisically 'Oh well...sorry'. They also subtly suggested that if I didn't need the emergency room then I wasn't that bad. How do you even make a reference like that? If you've been to the emergency room recentlly you'll understand that the hospitals prioritized what they feel is an emergency and what isn't and I'm pretty sure having a cold isn't high on that list. I talked to 4 different people and they stated that they were just following policy...well Priceline your policy sucks and isn't fair to people. How is it that you want to punish your customers for making the decision to cancel travel plans when they know that they are unfit to travel. Would you prefer that they drive while medicated so that they risk their life and the lives of all those driving around them? Would you prefer that they fly and get everyone around them sick by spreading their germs all while located in a small confined area? I get that your a business and that money is priority #1, but maybe if you made your customers #1 you wouldn't have to worry just about the money because you would would have customer loalty. I am so dissapointed, hurt, and upset by Priceline's actions and will be taking my business else where from now on.
ID
Service
Priceline Car Rental Booking
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution