Booked a room thru PriceLine while searching for a Hotel in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, not knowing the area. A family Death forced a change in plans and itinerary; cancel or postpone. Ok, we'll post pone a month. Told by Rep at PriceLine the reservation was not cancellable or changeable. Talked to the hotel (Days Inn) and was told because of the "way" I booked it (i.e., thru PriceLine) it was nonrefundable. Hmmm, Days Inn website (when I finally found the one for the actual hotel) states cancellations are fully refundable.

I am calling my Lawyer.

Will NOT do business with either company, EVER, again!

Review about: Priceline Room Booking.

Comments

#842097

I'm really sorry that you've had a death in your family. That being said, when you book a hotel through a place like Priceline and need to make any changes to that reservation, you must go through Priceline - the hotel cannot make stay changes or cancel a reservation.

It's honestly not Days Inn fault that they can't be of more assistance to you in regards to your issue. Hopefully by going back to Priceline, they can work with you to gain a refund for that stay.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #841837

I understand how you feel. Did you ever get a resolution?

I have a similar complaint. Only mines was I agreed to one price and was given another.