I purchased an airline ticket through Priceline which had two legs, one with Go Airlines and the other with Alaska Airlines. When I found out on the news (not through Priceline) that Go Airlines would no longer be flying on the date of my travel , I called Priceline to see if I could still keep my Alaska Air flight.

First I was told to call the airlines. Alaska airlines told me that Priceline had to fix the ticket and to ask for a supervisor if they told me otherwise. After about two hours on the phone speaking with numerous Priceline representatives, I finally spoke to one who called Alaska Air and had everything arranged so I could be refunded for the first cancelled leg and keep my Alaska Air flight. Luckily, I wrote down the names of all parties involved.

I couldn't believe it the next day when I got a call from yet another Priceline representative who informed me the person who fixed my problem was wrong and Priceline could not give partial refunds and could only cancel my whole flight. I even volunteered to skip the refund if I could just keep my flight and the answer was still no. I couldn't believe it! Out of desperation, I phoned Alaska Airlines to see if there was any way to bypass Priceline and deal directly with them.

They were wonderful!! With one short phone call, they were willing to give me a partial refund and keep my original Alaska Air flight!

This was the first time I have ever used Priceline and it will be the last. I can't remember if part of my ticket was a fee to Priceline, but if it was, that would add insult to injury.

Review about: Priceline Flight Booking.

Comments