640 views

I inadvertently booked the wrong date on-line for a cruise. I booked with priceline since they had a "no deposit" offer, and I was changing plans often.

The booking stated a non-refundable service fee of $25 would be charged, which was fine as no deposit was required. I (foolishly) booked a 2nd cruise for the correct date, then called to cancel the wrong date cruise. I was then told "we have a $100 cancellation fee." What! Where is that stated.

I subsequently tried to re-book on the website and found no mention of this unless selecting one of the small lines "terms and conditions." I also saw it have they pointed it out on my booking invoice. It is at the very bottom of the page "in bold letters." What is misleading is both on-line terms/conditions and the invoice the paragraph on cancellation fees lists the cruise lines fees line by line based on days before cruise. In different font and NOT in that same format is a sentence at end stating "we also charge a $100 fee to cancel..."

In summary this is a deceptive way to hide the $100 fee. Customer rep stated these complaints are heard often.

Only good thing is they did cancel without fee the errant cruise booking I made, but I believe that is only because I had a different cruise booked with them.

Had I not I believe I would have paid that fee.

Bottom Line - I would not book with them due to obvious deceptive booking info. Plus, prices seem no different than any other agent.

Product or Service Mentioned: Priceline Cruise Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Hurbert

I too booked multiple cruises not reading the cancellation policy. $100 charged immediately for a cancellation even if cruise is 1 year in future.

Cruise lines state nonrefundable deposit if there is one.

Priceline should do same and not hide this charge. You either pay the $100 or pay for the cruise not taken.

Priceline Reviews