2.0
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

TL;DR don't use priceline, there many other legitimate online booking site that works smoothly and ethically. While there is a high chance things will work out on priceline, if you happen to be their minority scam targeted customer you'll go thru ***.

I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver using priceline and that's when the nightmare started. I got an shortly after from a Priceline "fraud analysis" asking me to call them in US during their office hour. I was working in Hong Kong at the time with a 12 hour difference. Some important notes: - Gmail confirms the incoming email to be legitimate Priceline email.

- The email sent to me contains my personal information used in booking the flight. - I paid for the flight using a credit card with my own name, which matches the ticket holder name. The cost was under 1,000 USD. - My credit card was charged in full and I got my confirmation #.

- This employee threatens to cancel my flight unless I call her, based on correspondence she has access to my personal info I use to book on Priceline. Google (gmail) also confirms this e-mail as legitimate Priceline. Given the above, while I can believe it's a real priceline employee, it's quite likely to be a criteria driven target specific scam of some sort from priceline itself especially after I read up a bit on them, meaning majority of user is fine while a few is targeted for scam work. I've used a few booking site and all of them worked smoothly without harassment, and it makes no sense for a legitimate company to invest resource like this on small transactions with no risk (credit card name matching ticket holder name) when there's no profit involved.

Clearly I wasn't going to call an unknown number and asked her to call me, I stayed up til 1am in the morning to take this *** call only to hear static, after which she sends some nonsense about wrong phone number (checking my correspondence I put the correct number in all of them). After this I went thru a ton of back and forth email with this priceline employee and I'll soon have to deal with a cancelled confirmation without refund, which tada is the purpose of this scam.

Review about: Priceline Flight Booking.

Reason of review: harassment leading into cancelled ticket.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being scammed.

Comments