1.9
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

So, I have been using Priceline to book a roundtrip flight to and from my home and school once a week for 6 months now. So needless to say I am an avid customer.

I booked a flight for $408 today and less than an hour later got an update about pricing for my flight from Priceline saying that the cost had gone down to $333. I immediately call customer service to see about either canceling and re-booking or receiving credit on my account seeing as how they advertise BEST PRICE GUARANTEE. So, the first representative I call I am mid way through my call and mysteriously the call is disconnected. So I casually call back and am on the phone with a representative for approximately 20 minutes.

The end result of my call is, that in "his computer system" it is not showing any available reservations for this price, therefore he cannot issue a credit to my account. I explain that I am looking write at the computer that shows multiple flight options at that price. He insists that even though they may be available online, in fact they are actually unavailable and are not valid reservations. So then, why would they offer flights at this price if these flights never existed to begin with?

Now, lets make this even more interesting. I ask to speak to the manager and he says he will transfer me....AFTER he explains at least 3 times that the manager will say the exact same thing. So once again I am placed on hold and would you care to take a guess at what happens next?...conveniently the phone line is disconnected again. At this point I proceed to eat lunch before attempting to contact customer service again.

It is now 2 hours after my last phone call with Priceline and out of curiosity I log back into Priceline and recheck flights and flight pricing...guess what?! THERE ARE NOW EVEN MORE FLIGHTS AND TIME OPTIONS AVAILABLE WITH THAT PRICE?! I think it is absolutely absurd to advertise best price guarantee and then NOT honor it. That is false advertising and needs to be reported to the highest authority...since to knowingly to false advertise a product I am almost certain is against the law of the United States of America.

To boot, I think treating any customer with this level of disrespect is offensive at best, not to mention frequent customers that travel on average one or more times weekly for months to years.

I am deeply offended at the lack of customer care that Priceline provided not to mention lying straight to mine and everyone else's faces under the false facade of their "best price guarantee" slogan. I HIGHLY recommend that NO ONE books with them and seriously reconsider switching travel agency providers.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Flight deals.

I didn't like: Being lied to about best price match guarantee, Being lied to about online flights were not actually available, Trying to be talked out of speaking with manager, Never being transferred to manager, Being treated as an invalued customer.

Comments