This appears to be a regular scam by Priceline. I also booked a Royal Caribean cruise through Priceline. The deal was that Royal Caribean will offer $75 on board credit and Priceline is to offer an ADDITIONAL $100 on board credit. After I booked with the Priceline agent - who is actually a third party from World Travel Holdings - I was told I would be charged a $25 booking fee, so really, the Priceline credit is only $75.

When I finally got my e-invoice, it only referenced that $75 would be offered by Royal Caribean for the onboard credit and nothing was mentioned about the Priceline credit. I emailed the agent back about the missing credits and she assured me the credit would be awarded to me. A month passes by, I called Priceline back to confirm the credits again, a separate Priceline agent told me she didn't see any indication that Priceline was offering the credit and emails to my cruise line agent just resulted in lame run around excuses such as "perhaps it's not offered because you made subsequent changes to your reservation"?

Priceline never intended to honor their advertised credit. DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Advertised fares never available, Horrible customer service.

Comments

Falls Church, Virginia, United States #963443

I just found out that, actually for any third party TA, you need to file an application for the TA onboard credit, three weeks before departure date.

I did not know after serveral months after the cruise. Of course, I did not see that credit.