December 11, 2010

Dear "Sr. Vice President"

We trusted you. You let us down.

I honestly don't know why I'm writing this, it's obvious to me that I will not get any response, help or attention. I know the real reason your "customer service" representatives are not allowed to give out your name, phone number, or e-mail address. If you don't have to speak to me in person makes it so much easier to ignore me. This letter, I'm sure, will be "filed" in the trash with any other questions or complaints. The only reason I'm writing is to get it my dissatisfaction out of my system.

I'm not a "seasoned" traveler. We don't have the opportunity to fly often. Ordinary life is too expensive for that, but we decided it was time to make the trip to Florida, as a family, to spend Christmas with our mother/mother-in-law/grandma. I've never traveled at Christmas before and was nervous about not being able to book a flight with the time parameters we needed. We went through Price-line because of your reputation for providing the most cost effective deals (and my husband is a "trecky" ) We should know better than to trust celebrity endorsements.

Have you ever read "Raving Fans"? It's a very lame story, but, it's a customer service bible. It talks about how customers over the years have lowered their expectations. We expect to be maltreated. We expect bad deals and "snake-oil salesmen". I just didn't expect it from you. I have used your services before, but probably won't ever again. Perhaps you should learn from this. A customer deserves respect. A customer makes your job a reality.

I went to your site to look for a possible "deal" to add on a taxi service to our 4 tickets. While there, I checked the current availability and flight costs for our exact trip. We paid $451.43 per ticket. Not much to you I'm sure, but a lot to us. Then, I found the same flight, on your site, for $231.00 per ticket. HUGE difference to us! When I called your representative, he informed me that he could do nothing for us. So I asked to be transferred to his superior. She was "Rose", agent 5260230. She refused to give me her full name. She refused to give me yours. Hmmmmmm…. You know mine. You know my full name, my address, my phone number, and my credit card number. I trust that you will not bother me during dinner. I will not interrupt your private life, but I do expect to be treated respectfully. If people like me didn't bother to use people like you, you wouldn't be in business. I will not use you again unless you address my situation. I don't like that I had to write a "snail mail" letter. I don't like that I found cheaper prices on your own website and you refused to honor them. I don't like your method of customer service. Please remove my "account" from your system.

Respectfully,

Laura Begian, Nuclear RPh, Normal Citizen

Review about: Priceline Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments