1.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Every single time I have booked with priceline, if there is a resort fee, it is disclosed in the description prior to payment. This time I booked at the Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront.

There was no mention of a resort fee. When my party went to check in they were charged a $28 (plus tax) resort fee. When I called priceline to address this, the first person was unable to help. The manager I spoke to was very rude, constantly interrupted me, and spent 15 minutes gaslighting me telling me that it stated that there WAS a resort fee.

After I continued to tell him it does not say there is a resort fee on the mobile app, whereas every other booking I've had with a resort fee has been disclosed, he finally admitted that he was referencing the statement in the fine print that says that one should bring a credit card because the hotel MAY have additional fees. That statement that is there for every single hotel, regardless if there is a resort fee. I pointed out that the inconsistency in having a resort fee disclosed for other hotels and not for this one is a problem and dishonest and he went as far to say that it's not even consistent.

He was very rude and made me cry. I will not be booking with priceline again.

I didn't like: Deceptive people by phone, Business ethic.

Comments