Classic bate and switch by Priceline express deals.

I booked a hotel using Priceline express deals...

As I know now Dumb Idea but I had done it 2 other times and they really did what they said they would do.

When you book you can look at what the hotels should be are offered in the category and location that you are looking... In theory. They place a hotel box that shows the hotels or at least the type of hotel you will get if you use their express deal function.

The problem is they switch the hotel to a hotel nothing like they put in the online ad list. As far as I know bait and switch has not been legal in the US for a very long time yet here they are advertising and doing it at a national level.

I asked to book a 2.5 star hotel.. I place a picture below of what they said I would get and a picture of the hotel that they gave me. I think I know what is a comparable hotels. They tell me I will get a Hampton Inn, Holliday Inn, Holliday Inn Express, Best Western, SpringHill Suites, or Fairfield. or they now say something comparable. I looked for that in the small print but have not found it. I know the hotels in area so based on the ones they showed me it should have been fine. When I booked the sent me an extended stay hotel... and the quality was not comparable as you can see in the pics to the hotels above.

I opened up a ticket with Priceline to try to resolve the issue and they would not give me a refund. They would not change to a decent hotel.

I have the screen shot of what they said I would get. All of this for 300 dollars. I guess if you rip enough people off for 300 the money really starts to add up.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
I want a refund at a min. I want Priceline to deliver the hotel brand in the AD. It is fine that many can be in the group but the one you are booking needs to be there. If it is not that is very
Monetary loss:
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #876886

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Priceline? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.