I booked a hotel using Priceline express deals...

As I know now Dumb Idea but I had done it 2 other times and they really did what they said they would do.

When you book you can look at what the hotels should be are offered in the category and location that you are looking... In theory. They place a hotel box that shows the hotels or at least the type of hotel you will get if you use their express deal function.

The problem is they switch the hotel to a hotel nothing like they put in the online ad list. As far as I know bait and switch has not been legal in the US for a very long time yet here they are advertising and doing it at a national level.

I asked to book a 2.5 star hotel.. I place a picture below of what they said I would get and a picture of the hotel that they gave me. I think I know what is a comparable hotels. They tell me I will get a Hampton Inn, Holliday Inn, Holliday Inn Express, Best Western, SpringHill Suites, or Fairfield. or they now say something comparable. I looked for that in the small print but have not found it. I know the hotels in area so based on the ones they showed me it should have been fine. When I booked the sent me an extended stay hotel... and the quality was not comparable as you can see in the pics to the hotels above.

I opened up a ticket with Priceline to try to resolve the issue and they would not give me a refund. They would not change to a decent hotel.

I have the screen shot of what they said I would get. All of this for 300 dollars. I guess if you rip enough people off for 300 the money really starts to add up.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to "i want a refund at a min. i want priceline to deliver the hotel brand in the ad. it is fine that many can be in the group but the one you are booking needs to be there. if it is not that is very" as the author lost $300. This person is overall dissatisfied with Priceline and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Priceline.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Priceline to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Priceline?

Comments