I booked a hotel using Priceline express deals...
As I know now Dumb Idea but I had done it 2 other times and they really did what they said they would do.
When you book you can look at what the hotels should be are offered in the category and location that you are looking... In theory. They place a hotel box that shows the hotels or at least the type of hotel you will get if you use their express deal function.
The problem is they switch the hotel to a hotel nothing like they put in the online ad list. As far as I know bait and switch has not been legal in the US for a very long time yet here they are advertising and doing it at a national level.
I asked to book a 2.5 star hotel.. I place a picture below of what they said I would get and a picture of the hotel that they gave me. I think I know what is a comparable hotels. They tell me I will get a Hampton Inn, Holliday Inn, Holliday Inn Express, Best Western, SpringHill Suites, or Fairfield. or they now say something comparable. I looked for that in the small print but have not found it. I know the hotels in area so based on the ones they showed me it should have been fine. When I booked the sent me an extended stay hotel... and the quality was not comparable as you can see in the pics to the hotels above.
I opened up a ticket with Priceline to try to resolve the issue and they would not give me a refund. They would not change to a decent hotel.
I have the screen shot of what they said I would get. All of this for 300 dollars. I guess if you rip enough people off for 300 the money really starts to add up.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want a refund at a min. I want Priceline to deliver the hotel brand in the AD. It is fine that many can be in the group but the one you are booking needs to be there. If it is not that is very
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It seems harder and harder to trust what you read since companies like Priceline can delibrately mislead customers without consequence. I booked a room after referring to pricelines 1 star..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "This man will *** you out of your money and will waste your time. I met this *** man and he told me that he knew how to make websites...."
- "Here is what the flowers that were ordered should look like and the photo in the right is what was delivered. The flowers also had brown spots and looked old...."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."
- "BUYER BEWARE-I have been on hold for over 2 hours (see screenshot below) on the Netgear Support line 888-638-4327. I have been waiting for a replacement router for 9 days..."