Show reviews that mention
hotel customer service customer service price reservation room money refund book
Filter review

Priceline nightmare

I booked a room 10months in advance, to secure a riverwalk hotel in san antonio, tx for july 4th weekend. 2 weeks from our vacation priceline informed me, my resevation had been cancelled because the hotel was making 'restorations' yea sure on the fourth of july weekend. there are no rooms to be had at this late date on the riverwalk, i paid $99 a night i found out if they had a room available which they don't it would be $400 a night. Priceline offered me a room 20 miles away in trade. can they legally screw people this way?

First, to the employee of priceline who posted on 7-2-10 "to all costumers", either learn english or use spellcheck. I did use priceline for the first time to rent a motel room for a medical appt.

300 miles from my home town. The dr. office did then call to reschedule my appt. so now I had no reason for this travel or room.

I called priceline customer service to cancel - and I purchased the travel insurance for an extra fee - and was basically told to take a hike, they did not care about their customers problems. "Carlos" told me he would issue a $50 credit to be used on future purchases (fat chance) and only received a $10 coupon. This was only for one night during the week so not like it was a huge amount of money.

DO NOT buy the insurance, it is only for an immediate family members death! The other online travel companies that offer no cancellation fees are about the same price and they actually do cancel without any hassle.

View more comments (1)
Richardson, Texas

PRICELINE BAD SERVICE

Try to call customer service of Priceline and talk to someone in the USA. Good luck. U will however get a hold of representatives from the Philippines, Mexico and other random places that dont speak English and have a hard time helping you. They cant connect you to anybody in the states nor they are able to solve the problem that you are referring to. I called about a vacation package that was booked for me and my wife, but we were seated in different seats. (far far away from eachother). You would think that if you book a flight for 2 you will be seated next to each-other.And then you call Priceline customer service and they tell you "it is not our responsibility" in those exact words. Dont book with Price line and before you do just call their customer service you will find out for yourself.

Customer service at its"WORSE"

Washington, District Of Columbia

Priceline-hotel is 1 1/2 hours away from destination

thats great, I won the bid allright!! yea me, I got what I paid for an hotel room one and half hours away from my destination which I entered at the time of booking. If I hear one more time,you agreed to terms and conditions, all csrs are robots , unable to think outside the box ,, never, never, never use priceline,you cant talk to a manager,only send a email to a generic box. I have recieved generic emails back, no one will take accountablity,,,,shame on priceline,uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg,ugggggggggggggggggggg,uggggg,ugguuuuuuuuuuu uggg,uggg,uggg,uggg,ugg,uggg,ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Inverness, Florida

Priceline.com

I made a reservation for June the 5th on June the 3rd. I made it at 2 in the afternoon. I called on Friday June the 4th because my car broke down, and was told that i cant get my money back because i didnt call by noon on Thursday, but i made my reservation at 2. I called back on Monday because i wanted to talk to a manager and they told me they didnt have any records of me calling on Friday, but on my cell phone it shows that i was on the phone with them for 15 min. So I will never ever recomend priceline.com to anyone ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Priceline: bid 3-star get 2-star hoel

In May, I bidded 7 nights for a 3-star hotel with priceline. I got what was essentially a 2 star hotel, claiming to be 3-star. I called priceline to cancel my bid, invoking their "Quality Experience Guarantee": "Here's our promise to you: * Your hotel will be confirmed for the dates, area, and star level that you agreed to (or higher star level)." The operator said someone will get back to me in 2 biz days. Nothing happened. I tried to call AMEX (the card I paid with). They claimed they would look into it, but when I called again to give more info, my case was closed. They don't want to fight priceline. I ended checking into the room. Didn't like it. I paid for another 6 nights in a different hotel. I wrote a review on priceline, saying priceline ripped me off but they censored my negative comments about priceline! Be careful with priceline!!!

Same thing happened to me

Boulder, Colorado

Priceline/bait and switch

I reserved a hotel at DFW Fairfield/Irving North at 830 pm for arrival at 1100pm and after putting credit card in, I was confirmed for Fairfield/Colinas on same street, I did not notice difference. I could only use a hotel that had early morning shuttle due to 7am departure, I did not care where they stayed. We needed a airport shuttle with early departures. We called hotel to confirm, and then booked priceline and their contract came back with another hotel, same name, different location, which I did not notice. No satisfaction with cs for refund or change.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Loss

Through Priceline I had a bid accepted for a hotel which then added $15 per night

I placed a "bid" (offer) through priceline for a hotel in South Beach, Miami. I got "acceptance" for a hotel called "Whitelaw". I arrived to the hotel late at night and was informed that an additional $15 per night would be charged over and above what I paid through priceline. I did not agree and said that I will take the matter with priceline which did not inform me at the time of making the offer or when I accepted it; nor do they let one retract their bid once there is "acceptance" on one's offer. The extra $15 are not a resort fee but a fee of "let's rip off a customer" type. Priceline rather than refund that money and take it with hotel which missrepresented the facts at the time they accepted the bid, is supporting the hotel and hidding behind a "resort-fee" clause in their contract. Shame on them for cooperating with those scam artists.

You have to keep in mind that the reason hotels resort to allowing Priceline reservations is because business is slightly slow because of the economy. They do not recieve much benefit from your stay other than having a full room for the night.

Your reservation is known as a "non revenue" room. You were probably being charged an upgrade fee. You are paying a price that barely covers having your room cleaned for the night. You are also likely paying a price that is a tiny fraction of what the hotel would normally charge.

Priceline is actually a "rip-off" to the hotels themselves. It is also a rip-off to the guests. You would be better off booking through the hotel, getting your choice of room type guaranteed, joining their points programs and reaping the benefits of their memberships. When you book through priceline you are guaranteed to get the worst room the hotels have; smoking, by an elevator;facing an icemachine;had a pet in it the night before; next to a housekeeping closet;in a noisy area;facing the highway; facing a brick wall;directly next to the nightclub etc.

You are simply topping off the occupancy of a hotel because the economy stinks. Shell out the extra twelve bucks and book through the hotel.

Alyviah

Priceline doesn’t cover all costs. The agreement that you accepted during the transaction states that additional fees may be charged by the hotel, which are routinely charged to all hotel guests, such as parking, resort fee, etc

This is from the terms and conditions on their site prior to entering in credit card info:

If priceline accepts your price, priceline will book your reservation in a property with an equal or higher star level than you requested. Please note it is possible that the hotel you are booked in could be a Resort, which will meet or exceed the minimum qualifications of the star level you initially requested. The hotel that is selected may or may not be one that you have seen during a hotel search on priceline. Any sorting or filtering options previously used will not apply to this Name Your Own Price request. Priceline will immediately charge your credit card the total cost of your stay. Rooms purchased through priceline cannot be cancelled, changed or transferred and refunds are not allowed. If your offer is not accepted, your credit card will not be charged.

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

The reservation holder must present a valid photo ID and credit card at check-in. The credit card is required for any additional hotel specific service fees or incidental charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel to the customer at checkout. These charges may be mandatory (e.g., resort fees) or optional (parking, phone calls or minibar charges) and are not included in your offer price.

(Prior to booking, but after you enter in credit card info):

If we accept your offer, we'll immediately charge the credit card you provide to us. Please note, you will not be provided with a list of hotel options. Please remember, once you click "Buy My Hotel Room" your request can not be changed, cancelled, or transferred and refunds are not allowed.

View more comments (2)
Guatemala, Guatemala

Priceline cheats and lies

We booked a trip for hotel and travel with Priceline. First time users going to a son's wedding. Anyway, our son was in a serious auto accident and hospitalized for 7 months with broken neck and back and permanent damage to his pancreas. We needed to cancel so we called and explained our situation. The Priceline rep said we could receive a refund if we provided them with his doctor's name and number which we did. This was well in advance of the flight date. We never received a refund and were out over $500.00 for nothing! After his accident, this was more than we could afford to lose. I was just diagnosed with cancer and not working; and my husband is disabled and on social security. I was later told that it was our responsibility to call the hotel and airlines directly to cancel. So why bother to use their lousy services? I feel like sending a personal letter to William Shatner just to let him know how disappointed we are with the company he represents.
Livermore, California

Priceline ripped off $104.25

I made reservations for Thursday at the LAX Radisson...cost $104.25, cancellation policy, full refund if canceled 1 day before check in. I booked it. Meeting dates changed, I canceled on Wednesday morning, 1 day before checking in on Thursday. I was charged the full $104.25 for canceling. I called Priceline.com customer service where they explained that I would have had to cancel on Tuesday to avoid a cancellation fee. I said how is Tuesday 1 day before Thursday? Wednesday is the day before Thursday. Not in their world...1 day before check in means 48 hours before check in. Intentionally Misleading, crooked...DO NOT USE PRICELINE!

Learn to read

Vancouver, Washington

Priceline ripoff/Never "bid" for a rental car with them.

I was "bidding" with Priceline.com for a rental car for a two week period. I started at 13.00 per day. Priceline denied that amount and requested I put in another bid. However, to see if your bid was accepted you have to put in your credit card info and initial the form. My last bid was $20.00 per day at 14 days this should have priced out at $280.00 plus tax. They accepted this bid, but told me the price would be $365.95. That is a LOT of tax, so I got out of the website and forgot about it until I received my credit card bill. I never rented a car, never signed a contract yet Priceline was able to bill my credit car and get their money. After calls to Guadalajara, Mexico and being rudely spoken to, it remains that I will owe my card company the money, if I want to have decent credit.

Well seeing as Price Line tells you at the very beginning, that if your bid is accepted then your credit card will be charged...My advice? Take the time to read the agreement next time!

Recently I booked my trip with pricline to Calgary Flight+Hotel+Rental, Iwe are 2 adults , the flight was Ok, no food!! the Hotel was a disaster Pricline booked a single room with Queen bed and sell it to us as double occupancy, Hotel told me pricline always does that, as for the rentals they booked it and made pay Insurance but the Rental company refused to accept it, when confronted priceline they said that it is too late as the time has passed......!!!totally rip off...I told them that I will never consider them for any future travel for me and all people that I know.

There really is no need to refer to someone as an ***, because it makes you look bad! Limited vocabulary?

I think there is no basis for your complaint. You need to read everything on the screen before clicking the BUY button.

On that screen, it shows you the grand total including taxes before you click BUY. If you thought the taxes was high, why did you click the BUY button. You should take responsibilities for your own actions and stop blaming others for your mistakes. I have been using Priceline for over 9 years and had no problems getting a great deal for hotels and car rental.

You also need to do a lot of research to decide on the highest dollar value to bid to avoid over paying. If you following instructions and a little research, you should be able to save over 40%.

Before making ANY purchase you should understand what you are paying for. Priceline clearly states that you are PAYING and will be CHARGED if your bid is accepted.

Clearly you should pay more attention next time. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but its consumer's like yourself that line to blame the company or companies they deal with for their own stupidity/ignorance.

i will never use priceline again, i want to upgrade a car rental and pay the differnet, but i was told can not do.

It's unfortunate that you didn't understand how the Priceline process works. It is not a reservation.

It is a purchase. When they accept your bid you have purchase at that price and are charged immediately for the total. You agreed to that when you skipped over reading all the information about what you were doing. I am assuming this is your first Priceline purchase and can completely see how you got confused.

I like the deals I get, especially on hotels. Rental car seems to be a bust as of late though.

View more comments (6)
Oakland Gardens, New York

Priceline.Com Deceptive and Non-responsive

Priceline.com knowingly misrepresents hotel locations. Two times I made reservations through "Name Your Own Price", the 1st in Minneapolis was categorized as airport and actually was not; they DID cancel this reservation. The 2nd was Savannah, GA categorized as Historic District and is actually a golf resort ACROSS the river on an island. My 2nd complaint was handled by Customer Exec. Bryan Barrick. Though I presented him with my substantiation from the hotel staff and website he refused to offer an alternative property. He even refused to present my findings to any associate for a second opinion. DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Don't trust any company that requires you to give them credit card information prior to confirming your final trip/ purchase itinerary. I have used other travel sites .

Something about having to give up cc info without even knowing where I'd be staying or detailed info about my hotel, flight, etc didn't sit well with me!

I hate when customers who support these type of sites are treated like ***. They need to go out of business!~

Orlando, Florida

Priceline - EXCELLENT

before our trip to Europe, this month, I read all the bad mouth comments of a lot o people, complaining about PRICE LINE.. ONE ***, complained that price line did not refund, or change tickets, or something like that, when a relative dies.....Even a high school drop out, would understand, tha business is business, is not a welfare, Social program... everything that Price LIne advertised was correct, we were charged exactly what was printed in our Web copoy...Hotel, air fair etc. right to the penny MAYBE THEY TREATED MY WIFE AND I DIFFERENT NO? wHAT A NONSENSE... But then, I should have remember, my brother in law has said many times to us... Do not believe everything is posted on the Internet, a lot of that stuff, is probably fabricated by some teen, that does not have any thing else to do, or lack all kind of common sense.. PEOPLE OUT THERE, DO NOT BELIEVE ALL THE POSTS, THAT COMPLAINT, WITH THEIR POSTINGS, MANY WITH THE VULGARITY AND PROFANITY OF THE NEW SOCIETY...A SHAME... I will use Price Line on next trip... R. Murillo, Florida

That was YOUR experience and you were lucky ,but don't discount what other people have gone through with Priceline.

Orlando, Florida

Priceline - Wrong time, No Change, no refund!!

Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes I wanted to watch the "Blue man" show in Vegas on March 02, I'd like to choose 10:00 pm show, but there is only date, not time on the description but the price is good. after I checked out, I figure out it's a 7:00 pm show which I can't make it. I called Priceline Rightaway!! they told me: "we can't refund you, you can change the time on the day of the show, it's not a problem!" On the March 02, the ticket office told me "can't change the time" and I called priceline again, they told me "CAN'T CHANGE TIME AND NO REFUNDS". I feel very sorry for Priceline, it's not the way to do business! I'll never buy any tickets on Priceline no matter how cheap is the price!!

Horrible Horrible service with Priceline!!! Do not use them! You're much better off with another one of their competitors!!!

Baldwin Park, California

Priceline.com has no customer service

I wanted to book a flight to Las Vegas for my Spring Break and saw a great deal through Priceline. So a friend and I made our reservation and paid. We were very excited until we realized that the date wasn't right. We called Priceline and told them so, they told us, very politely, that they could not change nor refund the hotel reservation, they could only change the airline tickets. I asked for a supervisor and was told the same thing. Thus, I was out several hundred dollars for a mistake. I called back and even called the hotel and got the same thing. No one could help me and I was out my money. Thanks William Shatner.

Stop supporting companies that outsource their customer service to other countries. They don't seem to give a d^amn about decent customer service!

Lawrence, Kansas
Service
Priceline Flight Booking

Priceline - Did not refund money for unused hotel room

Priceline Travel would not refund cost of a week long reservation for a hotel room I could not use.Upon arrival at Jameson Inn in Jacksonville Fl. I was threatened by a group of thugs in the hotel lobby.Because of the use of racial comments and threats of bodily harm and robbery, I could not stay in the hotel. I contacted Priceline because I booked the room with them and they blamed me for not complaining to the front desk.The people at the desk allowed the thugs to congrigate in their lobby so I did not feel they would help at all. Besides the threats the hotel room was filthy and towels and sheets were an ugly grey color.This is what one can expect when booking with Priceline. Also expect to sit in the back of all flights next to the restroom.Late flights are also the expected norm.I suggest alternative travel companys and hotels.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania