hotel customer service customer service price room reservation money book refund

Express deal for a hotel with reviews of bed bugs | Priceline review

NEVER EVER EVER use PRICELINE for any of your travel. Jake and I thought it might be a good idea to try out there "Express Deals" for this weekend in Dallas, where you book based on location and ratings... Boy were we wrong. Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've had in a while. They clearly lie about the ratings we booked a hotel for a decent price and received the name afterwords. we then went to tripadvisor to look up the hotel we were giving and the reviews were terrible, (hotel smells of smoke, cars often broken into in the unlit parking area, and bed bugs) are you joking. we are not going anywhere near a hotel with any mention of bedbugs. called priceline customer service 15 minutes after booking to discuss this issue. after being on hold for a half hour, I spoke to a very unpleasant man about these issues, and he put me on hold again to call the hotel and verify they had no bed bugs... im sorry but saying there are no bed bugs is not good enough for me. when I had asked to speak to someone else and was told "nothing else can be done so have a nice night" I was then hung up on. after this call i looked at the reviews on priceline and the reviews there were just as bad. I did my own math and found that 46% of people who reviewed this hotel on priceline since January gave this hotel a 1 or 2 out of 10. so I dont understand where priceline was getting their much higher number ratings from. I called again this morning to discuss the the issues again now also discussing the reviews from their own website and how i was hung up on the night before. it took only 10 minutes today for this customer service representative to tell me there is nothing i can do so if you dont have any other issues have a good day and hang up. apparently priceline teaches their employes to just hang up on customers. by far the worst customer service i have ever dealt with. sadly Jake and I are forced to just pay for this hotel that we will NOT be staying at and book a Hyatt for our nights in Dallas. I WILL NEVER use PRICELINE ever again and I thought I would just share my experience with the internet world so maybe i can help prevent you from getting suck in a situation like this

Price Line is a RIP OFF | Priceline review

There needs to be an alternative in place to the *** travel deals negotiated. I lost the cost of a roundtrip ticket $335 because of schedule conflict, I called customer service and no one could help, they all say the same thing. there was nothing in place to resolve such a dilemma. It's bad business when you just take peoples money and hind behind "the contract" These business operate under wickedness... this kind of inhumane and impractical dealing must stop. It's all a set up to take from those who are vulnerable. Instead of saving I am paid a much higher price. WARNING.... DO NOT USE PRICELINE it'a a rip off. Costly lesson to learn.

Didn't you read the terms of the ticket before you bought it? That's how Priceline can offer low prices: In general, once you make the reservation, it's not refundable or changeable.

Priceline did nothing wrong.

Review
#520849 Review #520849 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Priceline misleading on hotel room booking

I place a bid for 2 adult and 2 kids at Crowne Plaza Hotel close to LAX airport, Los Angeles. When we got hotel, we were told, there's no two beds room for us. We only got checked-in into a king size bedroom and a roller they added to the room. When we complained to the the hotel front desk, they said they CAN NOT Gurantee any room booked from this third party-Priceline! So 3 of us have to sleep in one bed. Next day, when we complained to priceline, there is no real person customer , but through chat, we were told that's way they do business, there's no gurantee for 4 people, just gurantee for one room! That's so ridiculous, if there 's no gurantee for 4 people room, why did they ask us to put the number of people? Their information is misleading, customer service is rude and no efficiency at all.
Review
#520359 Review #520359 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Incorrect Dates | Priceline review from Fort Wayne, Indiana

I recently purchased tickets from Kayak that went through Priceline. Somewhere during the process the dates changed. I selected the 9th - 17th of September. When I received the iternary the dates were changed to the 9th - 15th. I started with Kayak who passed me over to Priceline. I called them and talked with the rudest supervisor that I have ever spoken with. All he could say is that he would send me a copy of the contract page. I asked to speak with his supervisor, he told me that he was the highest person I could talk to. He was rude, condescending and did not give any consideration for their error. He told me that their system never makes a mistake. I doubt that. I will never work with them again. They are certainly just out to get more money by charging a change fee for their error. Do not use them. Buyer beware. My itenary number is 10026639423

I had a similar issue with a trip booked for Priceline. The supervisors were extremely rude and said that they had did not have the power to make changes in their system (even though they are a computer-based business and there is no way that a billion dollar company would use software that does not allow changes).

If you don't want to lose your money and haven't cancelled yet, you might have some luck contacting the airline directly.

I was scheduled to fly out on August 1 and purchased trip protection/insurance just in case. Somewhere in the booking process, the trip protection was removed from my reservation (even though it was included in the final price). The trip protection showed up under "additional fees" or "booking fees" (I can't remember and it makes me too angry when I look at the reservation).

My boyfriend's grandfather passed away right before our trip, so I contacted Priceline to change the dates to August 4. Even though the terms and conditions state that a death in the immediate family is a qualifying event for using trip protection, the customer service representatives I spoke with over the phone at Priceline and 3 supervisors didn't agree. I was told several times that I did NOT purchase trip protection and that I must be mistaken. Another supervisor told me that Priceline could do me the "courtesy" of cancelling my reservation so I wouldn't be counted as a no-show but that they could not change the trip dates or refund me.

The last supervisor I spoke with told me that although Priceline could not help me out with the date change, they MIGHT be able to refund me for cancelling the trip in 60-90 days if I was able to send them a copy of the death certificate. Really!?

I contacted the airline directly and since they were able to help me out with the date change, I kept the Priceline reservation. Then I had to call several times after arriving at the airport because the information they provided to the rental car company was invalid.

I spent 4 hours on the phone with various supervisors because each supervisor told me that I needed to speak with a different department supervisor, transferred me to that department, and placed me on hold for 30 minutes each time. After speaking with 5 different supervisors and probably the entire staff of customer service representatives, I decided to just take a train or bus to my destination. By the time I finally gave up hope that Priceline could help, it was too late to get a cab or take a bus/train.

I literally had to sleep at the airport and missed a good day and a half of my trip because of this.

I agree with terrijohn and will never use Priceline again. Be very careful if you decide to book with them, call any airline/car rental company/hotel directly after booking to make sure Priceline didn't screw anything up, and don't bother with customer service (even supervisors).

Review

Resort Motel turned out to be weekly rental for seasonal workers and delinquents. | Priceline review from Spring Lake, New Jersey

Book stay at Travelodge in Spring Lake NJ resort area and it turned out to be motel for local residence who rented by the week. A lot of low class drinking and smoking type people. Place was raided at 2am by police and they took someone away probably a drunk. Too afraid to go out of my room at night. Took my luggage in car during the day when i was out of room didn't feel safe because of vagrants that were living on the premise. I had to leave the motel because of the distrubances during the night and had to loose a days rental fees because of prepaying for room. Had I know that it motel had vagrants and weekly renters residing there I would have not booked the room
Tags
  • Low Class Citizens

Priceline Protection Plan Is Scam

I bought protection plan at the time i bought the hotel reservation in Vancouver, Canada. But when I had to cancel the trip because of unexpected circumstance my claim for refund was rejected althoug I called and filed the claim more than one day in advance of scheduled hotel stay. On Priceline web, it does not state how and when the plan is valid or invalid in regular printouts, which mislead the consumer to believe that your purchase is protected in in case you have to cancel it. The protection is just a scam, only to rip you off. Guys, Never buy the protection!!!.

Priceline - Bad Customer Service Review

The customer service is bad. They talk to you rude. Rooms have crack tiles and furniture is old faded and chip wood. Very out dated; 19 inch TV with converter box for tv service, and Ac makes a very loud knocking noise periodically. The entrance door is a bolt lock key, not card. The pool has no water but is very dirty. And once again the customer service is terrible. A lady and two mens will approach you with loud tone voice. Did not want to stay here but, had to because of refund policy. And believe they stated that to me.
Review

Attempted to reduce room reservations by one day and receive refund | Priceline review from Orlando, Florida

I called priceline and asked that they refund the last day of our trip for two rooms. The canned response was that they have reviewed the agreement and we would not be eligible for a refund if we showed up and checked in, even if we didn't use the last day. I asked to be sent to a supervisor and they put me on hold for 20 minutes and then the supervisor gave me the same canned response... We could cancel the trip completely and receive all but one night refunded or lose the last night. He pointed out that the end result is the same either way. I will tell everyone I know that Priceline sucks.
Loss

Priceline.com booked my hotel in the wrong city and would not cancel

Print Transcript If you have a printer, you can print out a copy of this transcript by selecting the Print option from your browser's File menu. If you would like a copy of this transcript emailed to you, enter your email address into the field below and select the Submit button. Email address: Your transcript is shown below. You have been connected to Kelly. Kelly: Hi, Troy! Thanks for choosing to chat with us today, how may I help you? Troy Luccketta: Hi, Kelly: Hi, Troy! How may I assist you today? Troy Luccketta: hi, I booked a hotel for Delano, Ca. When we went to the hotel they did not have the reservation. I then noticed it was set up in another city. When I called to cancel your employer was very cold and went into you signed a contract and unfortunately have to pay. I would like to know how to proceed to get his resolved. It was advertised that I would be able to cancel on your site. Otherwise I would have never had booked as we'll. Kelly: You must be anxious of getting this resolved. I can certainly check what options may be available. Please give me a moment to look up your reservation and get you that information. Troy Luccketta: Thank you Kelly: You're very welcome. Troy: In addition the hotel where booked was in the opposite direction where we were headed. The picture of the hotel on the reservation I chose is different from the one on the website. This is so weird. I have booked before and this has never happened. When I type in the city that is the city of hotels I get. Kelly: Thank you for patiently waiting, Troy. I apologize for the confusion. For your reservation, we provided a specific address on where your hotel is located. I am showing that you have talked to our previous agents and as was adviced, if you cancel your room the hotel requires payment for the first night's stay which equates to the total amount of your reservation. Kelly: I'm truly sorry I am not able to provide the options you wanted, Troy. If there's nothing further, let me thank you for chatting with us today. How did we do? Please tell us by completing a 3 question survey after you close this chat window.

Worst customer service | Priceline review

I would like you to know that Priceline customer service is horrible and not helpful at all. I am NOT HAPPY with the service. I have asked for the special request for my 2 exiting hotel reservation with priceline. I asked for double beds for special health reason and they kept me on the phone for over one hour and still ended up with no result. I am very disappointed as a long time customer and I am not coming back booking my future trips with priceline again.I am not happy with PRICELINE service. I asked for double beds for special health reason and they kept me on the phone for over one hour and still ended up with no result. I am very disappointed as a long time customer and I am not coming back booking my future trips with priceline again.I am not happy with PRICELINE service.

I had the same problem. See attached messaging with this company.

Priceline is a really bad company.

Print Transcript

Email address:

Your transcript is shown below.

Troy Luccketta: In addition the hotel where booked was in the opposite direction where we were headed. The picture of the hotel on the reservation I chose is different from the one on the website. This is so weird. I have booked before and this has never happened.