Why Priceline Sucks

Jun 19, 2012
review #325911

Priceline is quite clear about the fact that if you use the Name Your Own Price function to book a flight or hotel, then that's non-refundable.On the other hand, if you book a flight and then are offered an upsell car rental, it's not at all clear that booking is non-refundable.

Presumably somewhere in their massive terms and conditions, it's written in small letters. I've never heard of a non-refundable rental car reservation. The fact that they won't refund your money for that - and don't make it clear in advance that they're not going to refund your money - is unconscionable. There are a number of similar services on the market to Priceline.

While I've been a loyal Priceline customer for the last few years, this will be my last experience with them.And I'm going to take as many fellow Priceline customers with me as I can!

af7c290
Had an experience with Priceline?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Oneanddone

Aug 12 Dallas, Texas

Misleading description of hotel led me to a mistake in booking a non-refundable room on line. Searched hotels in Quebec and got booked in Montreal. Realized within minutes my mistake and asked PL to void. Got the biggest run around between PL and hotel. PL is not user friendly. PL stands for PRETTY LOUSY! Beware, if you make an honest mistake, PL will make you pay! No exceptions. Never using them again.

Prez

Aug 11 Brooklyn, New York

I totally agree. They are a scam and a half. They are not consumer friendly and the staff are rude and nasty. I vow I would rather pay extra then to ever use this Ponzi scheme site.

Oscar

Jul 12 Los Angeles, California

Yep. Priceline sucks. The hotels usually *** and give u a smoking room or if they get a surge of reservations will not honor your Priceline reservation. Also, i did the add a night and was double billed by the Hotel and Priceline. I called them both and they basically ignored me. Priceline claimed it was my fault because, they claim that the email i got from them did not allo me to add a night which, was bs because i clicked n the button that appeared on their email with my reservation to "add a night". Anywho, i'm going through my bank to get my $ back...F priceline.

Jul 01

Used priceline with the Name Your Own Price function, checked later and i could have gotten the hotel for cheaper just booking from the hotel. So they charged me more money and also i put up w/ the random aspect of picking a hotel they "offered" at a so called significant savings! I'll never use them again.

Jun 30 Raleigh, North Carolina

Same here. Tried to cancel within 5 minutes of making the reservation. "No I'm sorry no cancellations". No good faith, no personal business. Just a bunch of brainwashed idiots trained to say NO.

Ralph

May 31 Fayetteville, North Carolina

After years of using Priceline with okay success, we have recently been booked into smoking rooms with no recourse other than to pay the hotel more for a non-smoking room. Priceline customer service proved unhelpful either because of their limited ability to speak and understand English or their general indifference. We will never use nor recommend Priceline again.

Apr 16

After checking into this Seattle hotel saturday nov 10 2012 which i booked through priceline.com. This is what i found in my room. the mattresses were leaned up against the wall covered in blood. there was blood everywhere and the rood smelled like death. Priceline refuses to refund my reservation,. so does the hotel. Rodeway inn,.... andrew chang the manager informed me that that room has been closed for weeks., and should not have been assigned to me . but no refund can be made available. Sound Fair to you? Please read the corresponing emails with priceline.com to see what kind on buisness this really is . Good luck if you book anything through them or stay at the Roeway inn seattle WA.
Dear priceline customer service rep,
There seems to be a a little information left out by Andrew Chang.
Yes, Andrew offered to let us leave, however he did offer to assist us
in finding alternate accommodation and after we spent 1 hour calling
alternate hotels in the area and being repeated told that due to a number of events in the area that all hotels were full, we had NO OPTION but to stay. Andrew was also quite clear that any and ALL refunds would have to be made via Priceline, as all fees (including pricelines commissions) were made via Priceline (not the hotel). While I understand we opted to stay in the hotel, I think you need to respect the fact that we were out of town with no options or alternatives for alternate accommodations. It does not help that we were
... Show more

jimmy aloha

Dec 12, 2013

priceline just kept transferring me ..three times to be exact and the third time after waiting more than 30 minutes on hold i hung up.... NEVER AGAIN :(

Jtrem

Dec 04, 2013 Montreal, Quebec

I am in a similar boat. They had a deal on a 3 star hotel in an area where the Hampton Inn, Best Western and Holiday Inn (newer properties) were all rated at 2.5 stars. I was expectnig a Hyatt when I bought the express deal, but the hotel was revealed to be a Clarion. Clarion! Older, and (although fine) not a nicer brand than 2.5 star Hampton. ON Tripadvisor, the Clarion shows up 8th out of 25 local hotels. The ninth place hotel was a MOTEL! The Holiday Inn, Best Western, and Hampton all show up higher and with better approval ratings. How does Priceline get off rating Clarion HIGHER? They hid the Clarion from their usual list view so I was not able to guess what hotel I was getting. I felt ripped off.

Their Customer Service is not interested in making anything right. They fed me standard lines. I called the hotel and they were quite willing to cancel if Priceline would agree. I called Priceline again, and this time nobody would speak to me at all. The telephony system kept me on hold and then dropped off.

I've referred people to Priceline before and will never do so again. The entire value of the hidden deals predicates on their being honest about the true ranking of the properties.

Clarion is not better than Hampton. The price proves it, common sense says so, and so does Tripadvisor's rating.

Bill Shatner...should've noticed before the word 'shat' in there....

Nov 17, 2013

I've stayed at Barrington many times in Missouri, but the only way I could stay there this time was thru Priceline since they had the only rooms. Barrington's other rooms were sold out so the rooms Priceline had locked was the only way to stay there. I've paid $109 for a King Jacuzzi room, $135 for the Presidential Suite before, but thru Priceline I had to pay $155 for a 2 queen beds room. Barrington is great but Priceline SUCKS!!!

Bob

Aug 18, 2013

As many have said, Priceline is a scam.

xyz

Jul 20, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

Totally bait and switch.... I booked a hotel that, according to the site in the room details section, included Executive club access. I called the hotel to double-check that this was the case, and surprise! it wasn't. Then I had to go through an online chat to cancel the booking, whereas on other hotel booking sites, you can just do it online. I'll avoid priceline from here on out.

Disabled Vet

Jul 18, 2013 Odessa, Texas

I used them 1 time and they cost me money to the tune of about $150.00.
I will never use them again. Price Line Is a Scam
Price Line SUCKS
Disabled Vet

Whatever

Apr 01, 2013 Houston, Texas

I just experienced this same issue. I have only used Priceline 3 times. However, every time I have been screwed over some *** thing. I will never use them again.

sitarjunkie

Feb 19, 2013 Puyallup, Washington

I got an email from them with a $30 bonus cash for a booking of 10 days on a car. Well, ok fair enough. Did everything, clicked and cash is 'in your account'...only problem is it isn't, it's a scam! Used to be a good company but now it sucks, about as straight forward as Bill Shatner at a pool party. Anyone want to do class action, I will sign it and forward my info. Tired of BS scams and false advertising.

travelbug7

Feb 04, 2013

Travelocity: I did become quite ill before leaving for hawaii for my daughters wedding. booked online and found i could not fly on original date 1 week before wedding departure. Travelocity wanted to keep all cash spent and turn it into travel bucks. not a good idea! I went to my bank and had them call travelocity to return money spent online. Travel company wanted to keep money for 3 months before processing a return. Bank helped return money in 24 hours. I made it to the wedding without a 600$ rental car for one week. last minute re-books are quite tenuous. Price increase to re-book last minute is impossible. I recomend booking in small blocks of time so all does not get canceled.

0 0 Reply
No customers are valued at Pri

Feb 04, 2013 Hinesville, Georgia

I too will never ever use this company or any known affiliate. I was a loyal customer of this company & cannot count the number of reservations made both name your own price & fixed rate. I booked a reservation & mistakenly typed in the wrong date & noticed it immediately. As fast as I could I dialed customer service & explained that I wanted the room but had the date one day off. I volunteered to pay any difference but when I went directly to the site it offered the rate I was paying on that same date. I called the hotel who said they would accept my offer but Priceline would have to make the change but priceline was hard nosed & said no refunds no changes & lost me forever as a customer for under $75. I tried sending a letter to upper management but the emails are routed to customer service who then gives you an even nastier attitude because you are complaining & basically state they don't need your business. All I can say is dont walk away but RUN as fast as you can. Expedia is great!!

0 0 Reply
Screwed by PriceLine too . . .

Jan 31, 2013 Orlando, Florida

Requested 3 1/2 star hotel in certain area. Ended up in a 3 star hotel on opposite side of river from my request. Was told by PriceLine Chat rep that there was no one else to appeal to, no phone number to call. I copied and pasted the PriceLine Customer Service number to Chat rep who did not acknowledge the lie. PriceLine LIES, CHEATS and STEALS ($25 if you want to actually cancel the hotel reservation). I will NEVER DEAL WITH PRICELINE again!!!!

0 0 Reply
USE PRICELINE and LOSE!!!!

Jan 15, 2013 Sparta Township, New Jersey

Just booked 2 tickets from EWR (Newark) to SJU, and the system changed me (without warning) to JFK on the mainland side. Spent an hour on the phone with some bottomfeeder (allegedly a supervisor) only to pay $260 in additional fees, and another 300 for the tickets to change airports back to what I had selected in the first place. Final cost: $1124 for 2 round trips Newark NJ-San Juan.
What a raw deal.
Everything is non-refundable w/ priceline, cancellation was my first thought

Jul 01, 2013

YES.. I had the same thing happen..booking from Wichita Falls to Denver, the changed it to Dallas (2 hour drive from Wichita Falls) to Denver ... Landed paying a bunch more buying the ticket at full price AND paying them a fee ... They KNOW what they are doing and I agree somebody needs to file a class action lawsuit against them .. they are a scam!

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Priceline.
Filing a new complaint about
×